The Two Weddings: Part 1

Aurora's POV

I took a deep breath and hugged my mother one last time. "You ready?" I whispered to her

"As much as you are." She whispered back to me. She kissed my forehead and pulled me close to her. we stood in the embrace for another moment until I stepped back. My mother kept an arm around me as she walked me down the aisle. As I walked down the aisle I glanced at the many faces in which I saw humans and fey mingled together. Just moments ago because of my mother a war had ended and peace was made, allowing humans and fey to coexist. As I walked by Diaval I gave him a small smile as I mouthed "I love you." 

He returned my smile with teary eyes "And I love you." He mouthed back. I turned my attention back to the sight in front of me. Phillip. As I neared my soon to be husband I felt my mother let go of me. For a moment I thought she would leave me without a hug but when I felt her arms wrap tightly around me, I knew that this was hard on her. "I love you always Beastie." I heard the sadness in her voice, but I didn't say anything about it to her. "I love you to godmother. I know" She let me go and with one last kiss, she stepped back, standing next to Diaval, leaving me at the altar. I didn't miss the look of confusion on her face when I told her that I knew what I knew. Instead I put it in the back of mind, knowing that she would come find me and we would talk more later. I took a breath and faced Phillip. 

I grabbed his hands "I love you Phillip."

"I love you too Aurora."

I dove deep into those eyes and completely zoned out the priest answering "I do." on autopilot. I only came out of my daydreams when the priest told Phillip that he could kiss me. He pulled me close and dipped me while kissing me. The crowd cheered as Phillip and I were declared husband and wife. As my new husband pulled me up, I gave him another kiss as I left him show I could go over and talk to mother and father. On my way over to them, I didn't miss the cute moment the two of them were sharing. I smiled at the fact that my mother finally was able to trust again and allow herself to be in love.

Maleficent's POV

As Aurora and I neared the altar, I couldn't help but stall. I looked into my goddaughter's eyes for a moment not wanting to let her go, but a hand on my shoulder and Diaval's voice telling me that it was time to let her go, convinced me that just because she was getting married did not mean that she would leave me. And so with a soft sigh I let go of my goddaughter as she nodded. But as she left, whispering that she told me that she loved me and that she knew. I allowed a look of confusion to pass over my face, not understanding the words and what she meant by them. I took my place by Diaval not complaining when he pulled me into a side embrace, his arm draped over my shoulder. I let out a contented sigh. For the first time in a long time, I was happy and I was in love. And so I allowed myself to show emotion and let a tear silently roll down my face, as my daughter was finally married to her prince. I felt Diaval pull me in closer, "I love you maleficent. I will always love you." He whispered in my ear, sending me shivers down my spine.

"I love you too, more than I can ever put in words my dear Diaval." I whispered back. "Also our goddaughter said something to me that was very suspicious."

Diaval leaned back and looking straight into my eyes "What do you mean? What did she say?" he asked

I shrugged "I have no idea what she meant, which is why I plan to ask her as soon as I get a moment with her alone. And she said "I know."." 

Diaval sighed "I think I know what she meant."

I raised an eyebrow at him "what?"

He responded with an uncommitted sound and ignored me.  He wrapped his arm around me again allowing me to lean into him, lost in my own thoughts. Thinking to myself about the promise that I had made to myself right before the war had begun, I finally realized that I knew what my goddaughter had meant. I sighed. I closed my eyes and allowed the silence to take over and I gave myself this happy moment. 

"Diaval, godmother." 

My eyes popped open to seeing my Aurora standing in front of us. I stepped out of Diaval's embrace and pulled Aurora into my arms. A  moment later, I stepped out of the embrace and looked into my goddaughter's eyes. "What's wrong?" I immediately asked her, sensing something was wrong.

"Can the three of us go somewhere more quiet, I need to talk to you both about something." my daughter whispered to me

Worry overcame my happiness and with a worried look at Diaval, I responded "of course beastie."

Aurora let out a relieved sigh and guided us to a more secluded spot. Before my daughter could say anything, I interrupted her.

"What's wrong?" I asked

'It's about you and Diaval." she began

A look of confusion passed over my face and Diaval was just as confused as I was because he asked "What do you mean little bird?" Using the old nickname he came up for her from when she was a child.

The old nickname seemed to help my daughter relaxed, because she found an old tree stump and sat down. "I know what you did mother. The promise that you silently made to me and Diaval. How much you sacraficed. I also know that you never lost it and why you never thought of a reason to why you haven't told Diaval yet."

Realization came to me when my daughter confirmed my suspicions "And what do you have to say to this all Aurora?" I asked her completely blocking out Diaval for the moment.

"I understand why you did it, but what is stopping you now?" She asked me with a smirk, knowing that she trapped me

I sighed "nothing."

She raised an eyebrow "Are you finally going to talk about it with him? You just told me that there is nothing stopping you. so tell him."

I groaned "fine, when did you become so persistant and stubborn?"

She laughed "since the day you admitted that you cared for me and I became you goddaughter. Now tell him."

My goddaughter crossed her arms and looked at me with a half-glare forcing me to turn my attention to Diaval. But before I could say anything to him, he scoffed at me and walked away. I threw a glance at my daughter who nodded and I began to slowly walk after Diaval, now silently cursing myself for my actions. I finally found him at my tree in the moors. I didn't say anything as I flew up to the tree and sat across from him, grabbing his hand and holding it for a bit. I allowed the silence to take over for a moment while I gathered up my lost courage to have a long awaited discussion.

A/N-I'm back. Yes I finally decided to bring back my Maleval love story. And I'm excited to start it again. Hope you enjoy this chapter, the next part I hope will be posted sometime next week, but I don't know. My birthday is this week and I'm starting another busy week of college. So try to be patient with me as I get back into the swing of posting this story. Please like, comment and vote. Again enjoy this chapter, can't wait to be back for another chapter sometime soon. Until next time. -Tina