Chapter 14

"You just shot and killed the second biggest mafia leader in England."

Silence followed the low spoken words, and Wilbur's eyes drifted from the body over to George. Dream followed his gaze to see a smirk settled on George's face, and the brunette shrugged casually as he responded, "what's your point, Wilbur?"

Wilbur's demeanor shifted quickly, and his body tensed at the words as he shot back, "my point, George, is that we're screwed thanks to you."

Instinctively, Dream took a few steps closer to George. He might not have agreed with what George had just chosen to do, but that didn't mean he wouldn't back him up if he needed it.

"We?" George questioned, raising one eyebrow, "there's no we here, Wilbur. Our reputation has already been screwed since we killed Techno. You're screwed, not us."

Wilbur exhaled sharply, and Dream could see heated anger flash behind his eyes. His hand tensed at his side, but he took a steadying breath as he turned his attention over to Ranboo and Bad instead.

"What do we do?" Ranboo asked, pulling his glasses down the bridge of his nose to examine the body, "just get rid of the body?"

Wilbur shook his head quickly as he answered, "that's not gonna matter. There's plenty of surveillance in this place, it's just a matter of time before his team knows exactly who did this."

At this, he glanced over at George, who only gave him a smug grin in return. Crossing his arms over his chest, George shrugged and said, "I think I did you a favor, Wilbur."

Dream saw Wilbur's jaw tense, but he kept his eyes leveled on George as he managed to grit out, "how do you figure?"

"Well," George explained while taking a few slow steps closer, "he wasn't paying up, and that was clearly a problem for you. But now, he won't be needing his contract with Philza at all, so you can just give it to Sapnap instead."

Wilbur didn't respond, and George motioned towards the body as he added on, "unlike this guy, Sapnap is actually good for the money."

"George," Sapnap stepped forward suddenly, shooting a dangerous look in George's direction as he spoke in low tones, "can you just shut up?"

George glared back at him, but then stepped back towards Dream as he fell silent. Sapnap brushed past them, and Dream could practically feel the anger rolling off his body.

"I'll talk to Philza," Sapnap suggested to Wilbur, "I'll explain as best I can and I'll take the blame for this."

"It's not that simple," Wilbur answered, "but of course, I'm sure you already know that."

As he spoke, he glared over at George again, and for a brief moment, no one said anything.

Dream already knew exactly what he meant, because nothing in this business was ever that simple. People in the mafia were often hellbent on getting revenge, especially for something this big. They themselves had just spent months getting revenge on Technoblade, so they knew firsthand just how bad things could get.

Breaking the silence, George stepped forward with a challenging look and muttered, "I'm sure you'll figure something out, Wilbur. If not, you can just go running back to Philza and I'm sure he'll fix it for you."

For a second, Wilbur's face flashed with understanding, and a low sigh escaped him as he ran a hand down his face. He moved closer to George, and dropped his voice a bit softer as he quietly responded, "I know you're upset, George, but there's better ways to handle it than this. You can't just go around killing people and making my life hell to get back at me."