Pick Up The Pen

(To Nugget: As promised. When I return, I'll publish this story. Since so far there's 14 parts till we get caught up, don't expect recent updates. Also with the slice of life stories, each one is gonna have a last name. Just so people can tell the difference if "certain people" cross paths)

A tablet is seen, mostly likely a IPad. It showed a world full of fantasy. The dragons soared through the parting clouds, the luscious green grass being pressed down by the steps of those brave souls. Yes, the heroes. Ranging from all types of races, species of all kinds, all going to fight the evil. The camera zooms out from the tablet as a man with shaggy h/c hair looks up and smiled, "it's surely something, ain't it? The amount of frames that go by in an instant. Your old man made this..."

"The amazing times."

A younger girl looked with black hair smiled at the camera, seemingly a person's point of view. "You can do it Onii-Chan!"

"I wish they would have shined more bright."

The father laughed, bellowing his joy. "You sure can! If you practice, you can make it just as good! Maybe even better!"

"But...At last..."

"What is this?" a tall woman with H/c hair is seen standing above ripped paper. A notebook faced down on the ground as the dark room made a boy crawl back. Regret and tears were clearly present in the boy's face. The light from the hallway casted a shadow on the woman's expression. "Good grief...it's bad enough as it is. You should know your limits. This is a waste of time. You of all people should know why. Sigh...I wish you'd be more like your sister."

"It's hard to tell if they were really there."

"Onii-chan!" a teenager male with H/c hair is seen in his bed as his sister shrugs him awake. Sweat was dripping down the side of his face. He looks to his left first, not expecting to see anyone. Looking out the window, trying to focus on the outside, but nothing. Nothing is heard. A tug on his shirt alerts the boy to his right. "Onii-Chan, good morning!"

The boy closes his eyes with a smile accompanied by it. "Good morning, Nami."

The girl raised up her hands and moved them in a way that was familiar to her brother. Y/n understood what she was trying to say, 'breakfast is ready.'

Y/n turned his body to sit up straight, Y/n did the same as she did. 'alright, thank you.'

Nami left the room and soon Y/n got up and looked in the mirror. He looked around at the small room, the piles of paper and school work along with a computer and a tv. A small desk and books. Y/n looked at the school uniform, unknowing how to feel exactly about it. Y/n felt behind his ears, to feel one bump on his right ear. The camera cuts to Nami sitting back at the table, her father looking at her. "Well, Nami? Is he awake?"

Nami nodded, "yep! I woke him for ya." She then moved a device to where Y/n would sit.

The man sighed happily, setting the food on the table, "thank you. I guess I forgot to set it up last time."

Nami shook her head, waving her hand to the side. "It's no problem dad, really. It's a Najimi code!" Nami's face slumped as she looked to the second empty spot. "Speaking of which..."

Her father shook his head, "yeah...probably won't see her again tonight."

Once his satisfaction was completed, Y/n walked out and joined his younger sister and his father at the table. The device had many labels but Y/n gently took his seat with grace. "Y/n. You look tired. Did you get enough sleep?"