Chapter 15

"What? No way...uss ladki ko main apne ghar mein allow nahi kar sakta." Raj said as Nandini told him what Navya had said. 

"Papa...pls." Nandini begged. "Bas kuch waqt ki baat hai...literally only minutes. Tanya ke aate hi main usse  expose kar ke dungi. Phir Manik khud usse dhakke maar ke ghar se bahar nikalegi. I promise...just trust me."

Raj was still reluctant.

"Papa...agar Nandini keh rahi hai. Toh lets trust her...Im sure woh bhi Tanya ka koi bohot badi fan nahi hai. She also wants her gone." Khushi spoke up.

"Haan Raj...Nandini ke baat mann lo." Nyonika said. Finally Raj agreed and everyone asked Nandini what the plan was so Nandini told them.

A few hours later, Manik arrive home with Tanya who had a bandage around her wrist. 

"Drama shuru." Nandini whispered. She walked up to Manik with an innocent and confuse expression. "Manik? Tum aise kaha chaley gaye they? Aur Tanya yahan? Kya hua isse?"

Manik looked at Nandini and felt bad. Deep down, his heart knew that bringing Tanya home was not right and was unfair to Nandini. Usually he wouldnt care but today he felt like everything was wrong. "Uhmm....actually Tanya got hurt. Is it okay if she stays with us for a few days? Just til she gets better."

Tanya stared at Manik in shock....she had never seen The Manik Malhotra ask permission from even his parents and here he was asking Nandini if it was ok that she stay for a bit. Nandini smiled slightly, happy that she wasnt wrong...happy that even if only a little but Manik was changing.

"Of course....chot lagi hai toh akeli toh nahi reh sakti na? Come in Tanya." Nandini lead Tanya to the couch. "Ill get the guest room ready for you."

Manik smiled and hugged Nandini. "Thanks yaar...tum kitni understanding ho."

Tanya was very suspisious and it didnt help when Nandini winked at her before leaving to get a room ready for her.

"She is up to something...no, mujhe kisi tareeke se Manik ke saath uske room mein rehna hoga." Tanya smirked. "That should be easy...Manik mujhe kabhi manna nahi karega." 

"Baby....I dont think I can sleep alone today." Tanya faked being all depressed and sad. "Pls main kya tumhare saaths oh sakti hoon? I need you."

Nandini stopped in her tracks and waited for Manik's reply. Manik's family members were furious at Tanya for suggesting such a think.

"No Tanya." Manik said. Tanya's mouth fell open and Nyonika smiled at her son proudly. "Im sorry par woh appropriate nahi hoga. If you need anything toh kiski ko bhi bula sakti lekin main tumhare saath nahi soh sakta."

"Lekin....we have doen it before." Tanya said.

"I know Tanya but tab situation alag thi. Nandini is being so understanding....I cant do this to her. Upar se ghar mein bache hai...kya sochenge woh?" Manik said. Everyone was happy but Tanya looked very upset. "Look, if you want...toh until its time to sleep, main tumhare saath rehta hoon."

Nandini turned to Nyonika and motioned for her to start her part. Nyonika got up and started dramatically swaying in her spot.

"AAh...Manik!" Nyonika yelled out, holding her head. 

"Mom!" Manik ran to Nyonika catching her before she fell. "Mom...kya hua aapko? main doctor ko bulau? Aapne dawai li? Aapki tabiyat kharab hai aur aap bilkul apna khayal nahi rakhti...chaliye kamre mein."

"Arre nahi nahi beta. Tum jao apne dost ke saath time spend karo. Mera kya hai..main toh bas kuch hi dino ki mehman hoon." Nyonika sighed dramatically.

"MOM! Shut up ok! Kya kuch bhi bolte hai aap...chaliye. Tanya can wait." Manik said as he lead Nyonika to her room. Tanya was just sitting there in shock.