Chapter 28 - A New Beginning

Well, everyone, this is the last chapter!! I hope you enjoyed my story of a girl letting go of her pride and stubbornness for the man she loves. After reading this chapter, check out my other Elvis fanfics!

~ ~ ~

The service was absolutely beautiful. The speakers honored Judy and Greg and talked about their short lives and kinder-than-most character, and their golden hearts. I couldn't agree more with them. The service itself took place about twenty miles north of the main city of New York in a very serene and peaceful cemetery, and it was attended by the close friends and family of Judy and Greg. The grave itself was in a mausoleum, and it wasn't a headstone that marked Judy's grave, but an urn and a picture of Judy and Greg. Cremation was the choice of burial for the family.

"I think Judy and Greg would have loved their service," said Nay as she dabbed her eyes with a handkerchief as we reached our rented black car in the cemetery, and the warm summer afternoon sun beat down on us.

"I think they were watching," said Scotty somberly. Both Nay and I nodded as we got into the car, Nay and I in the back and Scotty driving. Mom and Dad used a different car. We all agreed to Scotty's sentiment since, I swear, I could smell Judy's perfume during the service.

Nay leaned against my shoulder. "Wow..." she mused as Scotty started the car and he followed other cars out of the cemetery. "Today has been a jumble of mixed emotions, hasn't it?"

I knew what she meant. She knew what happened between Elvis and me in his suite, and what we predicted happened—she screamed with glee and hugged me so tight, her arms could break my own. She went on and on afterwards about how it was about time I let everything go and let my guard down. After making her, Elvis, Judy and others suffer a while for fighting Elvis's feelings and mine for him, I was kicking myself. I should have just given in when I first noticed his interest in me.

"Indeed," I told her, and we went on back to New York. My mind whirled with all that happened and all that could happen in the future. At some point, I would have to tell the press that I was Elvis Presley's new girlfriend, and hopefully one that would stick.

~ ~ ~

"Thank you, Miss Paul. We will get back to you as soon as we can find someone suitable. And aways a pleasure, Mr. Presley and Colonel Parker."

Both Elvis and I shook Mr. Willis's hand, and Colonel Parker did as well. We all left the big office and stood out in the hallway, and my heart was still going wild with what was happening...

I was going to be a part of William Morris, the same agency as Elvis Presley, and they were going to look into potential managers for me. I didn't want to go alone, so Elvis said he would come with me to the meeting since it was his agency after all.

"Oh my gosh, I'm really a star now, aren't I?" I asked in awe, more asking myself, but the two men with me obviously thought I was asking them. "I'm actually getting a manager like stars do."

"You sure are," said Elvis. "And really, I couldn't be prouder."

"Are you my boyfriend or my father?" I asked playfully, and he put his arm around my shoulders. I loved how he just did that casually and wasn't afraid to do it, even after just two days of unofficially being a couple, since the funeral. Colonel Parker was getting used to it.

"I can still be proud of ya even if I'm your boyfriend."

"You should be proud of yourself since you got me into all this in the first place since you had a crazy crush on me. I guess... thanks for it all. I wasn't happy about it before, but... thanks."