15/ AKIKO'S DAY

severance of love - chapter 15
unexpected guest / apologies

You didn't go back home that night.
Or the night after.
Or the night after that.

You just texted akiko a simple apology saying you would be home for a few days because of the sudden rush of paperwork you needed to finish before the week ended.

You talked with your father for a good while, explaining the whole situation to him. He was a stoic as ever. Even after seeing you cry he remained the same. He only spoke a few words when you mentioned Akiko.

He said bye when you left, so that was something.

You were distant from your family for that time. Including the very close friends that you considered family. Midoriya and Bakugou both came by but when they saw the bags under your eyes they decided to tell Nemuri.

Nemuri talked managed to get you home and sleep in your bed. Those days were a blur. They came and went and then before you knew it, it was July ninth. Well it was night on July ninth.

You were putting Akiko to bed and as she laid down you sat on her bed.

"Kid, I wanna apologize for not being here the past couple days. Something happened to me and I ended going somewhere I didn't want too. I know you were probably worried about me but for that I'm sorry." It was a thoughtful apology. She didn't except you to apologize at all actually.

"It's okay. I was worried but I knew you were okay." She replied. You smiled and kissed her forehead before standing up. She quickly grabbed your arm and pulled you down to sit again.

"I think I have an idea on who your ex-lover was. It was Jirou wasn't it?" She asked.

"How did you figure that out?" You asked.

"You talked about her twirling her jacks around her fingers. Only Jirou does that. I found some pictures of her and you...together. When I asked Mina she...told me about it. I begged her too." She quickly defended Mina.

"It was Kyoka. She's my ex-girlfriend but for some stupid reason I still love her. I'm trying not to but it's been hard especially because it wasn't even a mutual break up." You seemed sad when you talked about loving her. Akiko thought it was beautiful the way you loved her. Mina never told her the actual reason why you broke up with Jirou so Akiko took her chance.

"Y/n, why did you break up with Jirou?"

"She needed more than me. I don't think I was ever enough. I'm all sorts of things but she needed more than me. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for not being what she needed."

She looked at you, she seemed a bit regretful. Regretful that she asked and regretful that she wanted to meet Jirou even more now.

"Go to sleep kid, you've got a big day tomorrow." You sounded tired but you give her a kiss on her forehead. You stood up and walked to the door.

"Goodnight y/n."

"Goodnight kid, I'll see you in the morning."

- THE FOLLOWING MORNING-

When Aki woke up the next morning it was quiet. She did her morning routine and dressed herself but as she was going down the stairs she noticed balloons on the rails that weren't there the night before. When she got to the final step she was surprised to see breakfast already made for her. It was pancakes with a happy face. The eyes were made from bananas and the smiled was made of Nutella. She smiled quickly and looked up to see you making breakfast.