16/ CAKE

After hugging for a good few more minutes you both chose to return to the party down stairs. You separated from Akiko and let her have fun again. You began looking for Tokoyami to tell him what had happened but then found yourself in front of your mom.

"Hi."

"Hi" she answered.

"I'm sorry." Both you and her said at the same time. You both laughed awkwardly.

"I'm...sorry mom. I shouldn't have yelled at you, they way I did. I was just upset-"

"It's okay honey. Don't apologize. I'm not mad at the fact that you yelled at me. I'm not mad at all. None of this is our fault." She interrupted, she was so sincere.

"Can we talk about this some other time? Just us two?" You asked.

"Yeah, I have...a couple questions. I think you do too." She said in response. You smiled.

"Why aren't we partying?! Y/n you planned it!" Nemuri came from behind you mom and put her hand on her waist. Your mom blushed and you laughed. Nemuri handed you the drink she had in her hand. It smelled of alcohol.

"I've been drinking but go have some drinks then. I'm not stopping you." You replied. She smiled widely. Nemuri had noticed the "blush" on your face from the drinks. The blush was more like the glow on your cheeks. It was faint. Sort of like highlighter in the skin.

"Let's go Cherry!" She said pulling your mom away. You laughed as she walked away holding your mother by the waist. In any case your mom was enjoying it.

You looked around for Tokoyami but he was talking to Jirou. You then saw Midoriya and Bakugou chatting not to far behind them, you thought you'd go talk to them.

Before walking that way you looked at the drink nemuri handed you. You thought you chug it in case you had to talk to Jirou. So that's what you did. You placed the cup down and walked.

As you walked by you were grabbed by the hand.

"I'm sorry, I really gotta ask." You recognized the voice. It was Jirou and she was still holding you hand. Tokoyami had walked away almost immediately. You pulled your hand away. She cleared her throat.

"What did you wanna ask me?" You spoke up against the awkwardness.

"I uhh- is it really okay for me to be here? I know it's your home and I don't think your kid told you I was coming based on your reaction, did she?" She asked. You chuckled awkwardly.

"Yeah, you're right she didn't. But it's fine, I don't mind anymore. I'm used to you showing up unexpectedly." You smiled a little, a wave of nostalgia crashed in.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." She said. You got this uneasy feeling. It wasn't just the drinks.

"What about?" You asked. She twirled her earphone jacks looking down.

"About us..." Jirou answered. She looked up for your reaction.

"With all do respect Kyoka, I'm not sober enough to talk to you." You smiled rubbing the back of your head.

"Maybe another time yeah? It's time to sing happy birthday to Aki." You proposed, she looked disappointed.

"Yeah, another time then." She said. You nodded before going away to find Akiko.

Tokoyami ended up coming back to his conversation with Jirou.

"Well?" He asked, sort of continuing their conversation.

"She said she wasn't sober enough to have that conversation with me." Jirou replied. Tokoyami noticed her disappointment. He frowned.

"Coming to you as a friend, let her go. She's trying to move on but your the one holding on. From what I remember you're with Momo aren't you?" Tokoyami questioned.