17/ CONFRONTATION

chapter 17 - confrontation
twice in one day ?

Jirou was absolutely embarrassed. It's one thing for an adult to tell you something but a teen is way worse.

She dropped her plate of cake and ran upstairs. Akiko eyes watered a bit. But she was content. She said her piece. She said what needed to be said.

She would see Jirou once she got out of the restroom but she wanted to see her face. She wanted to see her face of absolute regret.

You rushed over as soon as Jirou dropped the plate.

"What happened?"

"I told her something and she overreacted." Akiko answered. She knew you would've gotten mad since she confronted Jirou at her party instead of when all the other people have gone.

"Why did you tell her something without thinking she'd over react? Aki baby, this day is about you and you only. We're here to celebrate you so why are you focused on her?" You asked. Akiko felt a bit of guilt for doing it at her own party but she didn't feel an ounce of regret for what she said.

"Sorry. I just wanted to get somethings off my chest." Akiko replied. She looked at the cake on floor then back up at you. She sighed deeply before speaking.

"Go to her. I don't want her in my bathroom the whole party." She said smiling as if she didn't just basically insulted the hell out of Jirou.

"Can you clean up her cake for me please?" Akiko nodded seeing how it the least she could do since it sort of was her fault cake was on the floor. She chuckled a little thinking about how childish Jirou was acting.

"Thank you Aki." You replied before going upstairs.

Upstairs you heard sobs coming from your bathroom. Could've been worse seeing as how your bedroom was one door away.

"Kyoka...I'm gonna come in alright?" You said into the door. You could hear her scooting away from the door. So you turned the knob and opened it. There she was against the tub right in front of you.

Looking at her now, you realize that your bathroom was kind of small compared to akiko's bathroom.

"Why'd you make a scene? Throwing a scene at my kid's birthday party is crazy." you laughed, just a little bit at her.

Okay, more than a little bit.

"she started it." jirou complained.

"kyoka she's a child, you're an adult. Why are you stooping down to her level? That just makes you look stupid compared to her." being a little drunk meant you were a little more honest.

Honesty is what Jirou needed to learn the most.

"i didn't think-"

"exactly kyoka. that's your issue. You don't think. About anything."

"what's the supposed to mean?" she asked, with a really confused look on her face. something about it made you want to just smack it off.

Really hard.

"What i said. You do things, but you don't think of the effects after. You don't think about who it could effect." when you said that, you looked at her right in the eyes. You held that eye contact until she turned away.