Chapter 4

They were back at the table with two bowls of the 'Josie special' pasta.
Josie makes the best pasta. Hope's mother tried to make this pasta several times throughout the years, but it never turned out as good as Josie's.
"Thank you." Hope said.
"What for?"
"For making pasta." It was Hope's favorite.
"You're welcome." Josie stretched her neck to the right, wincing.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing." Josie replied.
~~~

Josie just finished washing dishes when her mother called.
"Hello, mom." Josie picks up.
"Hello. How is my daughter doing? It's been ages since your last call!" They talked on Thursday.
"Sorry. I was busy."

"Too busy to call your mother." Here we go again. "Anyways. I called to let you know that we are having a get together."
"So?"
"You are coming of course." Of course.
"When is it?"
"This weekend,at the lake house!"
"I…don't think I can make it."

"Oh come on! At least one of you should be there. Your sister flat out said no." Josie's stomach lurched with dread. "I didn't expect the same from you as well. Nan is going to be dissapointed."
Josie sighed. Lizzie has always been the more headstrong one. "Okay. I'll try."
"So you're coming!"

"I said I will try. Can't confirm anything. I'll let you know if I can go." It would be nice to see nan again, it's been a while since Josie last saw her. But everyone from her mother's family is going to be there as well. Which means it's going to be hellish.

"Okay." Her mother chirped."I'll be waiting for your call."

~~~

Hope was staring at the ceiling when she heard someone clear their throat. She turned to see Josie  standing in the doorway.
"I'm going outside." Josie said. "Are you going to be okay staying alone here for a while?"
"Yeah. I'll be fine."
"Okay. Make sure you lock the door." Josie headed for the door, wasting no time. Must be something important.

~~~
"Hey, Jo! Over here." Landon called out from the corner booth.

Josie's face brightened when she saw him. She made her way to the booth, sitting across from Landon. "How's it going, the assignment?"
"Terribly." Landon grimaced, "how is yours going?"
"Oh. I haven't started it yet." Said Josie.
"That's a shame. I was hoping to get a little inspiration from your essay, you know."
Josie rolled her eyes. "Yeah, sure."
"Oh come on! I don't copy everything." He exclaimed.
"No, of course not. Yours just turns into a badly written version of mine." Josie teased.

Landon huffed and started writing his essay, while she researched for hers. She finished up pretty quick and decided to help Landon. She glanced at her phone, it was already past seven!
Shit!  "What happened?" Asked Landon. She didn't realize she had cursed out loud.
"It's past seven. I have to go."
"I thought you were going to have dinner here?"

Normally she would have ;Every Saturday Josie and Landon sit in the corner booth and study and have dinner together. Since most of their classes are online, Josie doesn't get to see her best friend much. She  looks forward to their time together every Saturday. But Hope is at home, waiting.
"Uh— I have a guest at home, so I need to make dinner for them too."
"Oh. Who is it ?" Asked Landon.
Josie took a deep breath. "Hope Mikaelson."
"What?! When did she come back?"

"Last night, she got stuck because of the weather. So I let her stay at my place." Josie answered, keeping her tone nonchalant, as if she isn't going crazy over the decisions she has made today. Landon looked at her with confusion but didn't say anything else. So she bid him goodbye and left.

~~~

A/N 

Thank you for reading! Don't worry too much about Landon. He won't cause any problems......in the present ;)
And to those who hate love triangles: you don't have to worry either.