17: Jungkook

On the other side of the street, behind the full parking lot, neon purple pools along the pavement. Black two-winged door with gold ornaments, red carpet, four thick bouncers in white blazers. Music so loud we could party on the parking lot just as well.

Except, we are not partying tonight.

"This looks too fancy for me," Taehyung says. Years in the racing community made us grow used to the lowkey, casual parties where everyone gets drunk and laughs every two minutes.

"Tell me about it." I huff. "You look fancy, though." I've ever seen him dressed like that. Black skinny jeans, blazer, I'm pretty sure this is a mesh shirt underneath. His hair, for the first time in forever, pushed back.

"Who says it?" He chuckles, arms crossed on his chest. My straight silk pants, see-through shirt and a blazer may be a competition.

"Yoongi said to look rich. I tried my best." I move the side of his blazer aside. Yup, mesh. "I'd say we look both rich and hot."

Taehyung rolls his eyes, tearing the material out of my fingers, and I snicker. "I'll be laughing when Yeeun comes and you'll be drooling," he says.

"I drool every day, what are you talking about?"

With a few more minutes before Yeeun and Yoongi arrive, I can't stop thinking about what's behind the door to the club. Neither of us has been brave enough to start a conversation about it, but if we're in this shit together, we might as well talk about every possible thing surrounding it.

When we talked about this for the first time, about the whole Park Jimin case, I actually felt like we were doing this together. Being honest and open about what we thing and feel about it makes me feel less lonely. Makes it less scary.

"How do you feel about tonight?" I ask.

By the way he's on his third cigarette this evening, I am guessing he's not a fan of uncertainty, either. Taehyung glances at the club again. "I have no idea what to expect," he says. "At the same time, it feels both surreal and very real. Like we're recording a movie, but also plotting against a criminal."

"I don't feel like it's real, at all." I chuckle, slipping my hands into my pockets.

"How do you feel about a possibility of using a gun?" Taehyung asks, an obvious reluctance in his voice. 

"I'd much rather have a Nerf gun in my pocket now," I say.

He laughs, puffing out the smoke. "There are two things we have to do. Play with Nerf guns and paintball."

I shift from left leg to the right. "I've never done paintball."

"Neither have I. But I want to. It seems fun," Taehyung says. I could make a long list of things friends usually do before they grow up, things we've missed, and I feel like he'd enjoy doing them just as much as me.

They more time I spend around Taehyung, the more open he seems. He's always seemed like the type of person to stick to one, maybe two things, hanging around in the comfort zone he knows the best. Now, I feel like we could be trying things like paintball and have fun with it. Make up for the past, in a way.

"What scares you the most now?" he asks.

"Yeeun going with us. I'd much rather do it by myself."

Taehyung sighs, eyes once more on the neon purple lights. "I hate to admit it, but we're better off with her."

"I hate to admit it, but you're right."

Yeeun arrives with Yoongi on the passenger's seat. He insisted on coming with her so that he could at the same time make sure the Mercedes doesn't have anything unwanted, like GPS. I don't think Jimin thought that much forward, but I can see why Yoongi sees it as an option.