27: Jungkook

The hall is empty and quiet, and even the hospital smell doesn't bother me that much. Silence, after this entire evening, is exactly what I need.

I've made the nurses panic when I dragged Taehyung, bleeding on their white tiles, through the door. The night isn't busy. Six of them ran around us, called the doctors, threw him onto the hospital bed and told me to wait.

One of them even took me to a separate room and took care of me. Apparently, the aftermath of the fight with Jimin was obvious. I had cuts and bruises to treat, my wrists was hurt, which I didn't notice until she pointed it out, and I was dehydrated. A shower, and I will be like a newborn baby.

It's settling now. Park Jimin was caught. Taehyung was stabbed. Yeeun spent the entire day with Jimin, then fought with him, and now is God knows where and I have no way of contacting her. She had nothing on her after Jimin took her.

I would blame myself for the rest of my life if any of them didn't make it. It was me Jimin wanted, they just wanted to help because they care about me.

It's settling now that we are free. And all I have left is praying and hoping that Taehyung will be alright and Yeeun will soon be with me again. She will come back. She promised.

Promises don't take away the heaviness under my ribs. It's hard to breath as I sit on one of the chairs along the hall. My heart beats faster, making my body burn, until I can't stand it and leave the chair.

They told me to rest, preferably eat something in the cafeteria, but I can do none. Not until I know they are both alright.

For a few minutes I pace around the hall, close to the room where Taehyung is in along with two doctors. When the hall gets too stuffy, I stretch my walk. Walking gets rid of a little bit of tension, and my mind settles down. I can easily go through the things he told me in the car, fighting for his life.

Everything sits heavy on me.

I always wanted to be your friend.

I care.

You're the person I trust the most.

I was jealous she had you.

So we're friends, yeah?

Partners in speed.

I was alright all this time.

Piecing it all together now makes so much sense. Had it not been for his sick family, maybe we'd always be friends. Maybe he wouldn't see me as a threat, as an enemy. Maybe he would approach me instead of picking up the fights, making me mirror the hatred.

But nothing is final. And somehow, with a lot of bumps and twists, we are here. Trusting each other, caring for each other, having each other's back, enjoying each other's company. Friends.

Partners in speed.

Lost in thought, I keep walking, looking through the glass rectangles in each door. Everyone is either eating the hospital food from a metal tray or watching TV. One person asleep.

My eyes grow wide, and I freeze in front of one room. I cannot be mistaken. I wouldn't mistake my girlfriend.

Without hesitation, I burst inside. She jumps, eyes wide on me. It's Yeeun. It really is Yeeun.

A few silent second go by, and we both breath out in relief.

"Oh, God, you're alive." When I have her in my arms, I take the first full breath this evening. My arms tighten on their own, desperate to feel her closer, more. Half the tension melts away, putting burning tears in my eyes. They don't fall, but I relish in the peace of feeling her.