20: Taehyung

I thought I can do it, and I want to do it, but the more time I spend with Minho, the more I want to yank his hair and slam his face on the hood of my car. I've tried to convince Yoongi to change the plan so that we can get Minho out of the scene, but he says it would be too suspicious. Like we know something.

I wonder if Seokjin knows. If he's working with Park Jimin, too.

All the attraction I had for this guy is gone. All I can see when I look at him is traitor, liar, a fucking asshole. It's true what they say, the way someone is does affect their appearance. I don't even know what I saw in him in the first place.

It's stupid that I still hate myself for letting him treat me like that more than I hate him.

We're together now, as I lie to him about the night of the party. Yoongi said to tell him as much bullshit as I can, everything that will contradict the actual events.

The problem is, he's standing close. Too close. Right next to me. It makes me so tense now, desperate to run away, but I can't. I can't be weird about it, all of a sudden. I've already took some steps in, I have to follow now. Just for a while.

Fuck.

And then we will kick his ass. I can do it.

"If you're free after the race," he leans in, my fists rolls and I need all the strength right now, "we can go out. Yes, a date." He chuckles.

The fucking audacity to be that much of a liar. He probably never felt anything towards me. Obviously. He's just Park Jimin's toy.

I glance down at how he's probably trying to kiss me. For a moment, I feel like I could burst into tears.

Last second, Yoongi's voice rings in my head and I force myself to smile. I'm about to agree, for the sake of everyone's safety, when someone grabs my arm, my heart skipping a beat. Or six.

"Oh... God, Yeeun. What the fuck?" I breath out, hand over my chest as my ribcage is suddenly not wide enough.

"Sorry to interrupt, really sorry," she isn't sorry, "but we need help. Jungkook. With his car. You need to check something."

"Check what?"

"Well, if we knew, I wouldn't be here asking you," she says. "Are you the mechanic or not?"

That sounds sketchy. I smile, throwing Minho an apologetic look. "I'll go and see what's up," I tell him.

He smiles, nodding. "I'll see my brother before the race."

Yeeun grabs my arm, pulling me away like the car's on fire. "What do you need help with?"

"Weren't you the one who needed help?" she asks, looking up at me in a really obvious way. The we saw you struggle and decided to help way.

And if I wanted to cry before, now I could wail. They know, they checked up on me, and they cared enough to help me. Even if I was the one to decide I will help Jungkook, no matter what.

He is smiling when we get to his car and when our eyes meet, it's the most comfortable I've felt in a long while.

"You need to... check... this... thing," he says, not really prepared, pointing at the Maserati with opened hood. He shoves me towards the car, laughing. "Just look inside for the act."

"You looked so miserable we couldn't stand it," Yeeun says.

"And I owe you for that," I say, making sure there is enough windshield wipers liquid. For the act. "The urge to beat the shit out of him is stronger every day."

"And what if I get in a fight with him? Unrelated?" Jungkook suggests, crossing his arms on his chest, eyebrows creased in a deep thought.

"What if we provoke him?" Yeeun picks up the idea, excited.