9. His Care for me

She leaves...

_________________

Due to medicine, Avneet feels dizzy, and soon falls into deep slumber. Not very later, she feels a burning sensation on her foot. She feels someone applying an ointment on her foot, softly, very softly as if she would break. After a while, she hears water running, maybe the person is washing hands. Then, she feels warm breaths near her face, and feels like the gaze is tearing her apart. She feels someone caressing her hair. It was a guy, she realised this as she heard a few words. 

"Hey, please take care.. I didn't mean to hurt you, and didn't realize that this was very serious. I am really sorry, get well soon!" he said.

It didn't take her very long to realise that who this was. It was obviously the arrogant, finicky, head boy. She internally smiled at his care.

What are you doing to my poor heart, they both thought. 

He then left. 

A while later, Avneet's parents came and took her home. 

NEXT DAY

Jannat: Yaar aaj avu nahi aayii... oof I'll get bored whole dayy...ughh

Her day was boring, because her bestfriend wasn't there and she missed her. She decided that she'll go home and talk to her. Somehow, the day was going on...

Siddharth came to her,

Sid: Jannat, when will Avneet come?

Jannat: Ummhmm, someone is missing someone...

Siddharth: N-no, it's n-no-nothing... just wa- was... was concerned. 

Jannat: *smirks* then why you stuttering?

Siddharth: Kuch nahi, bas... ai- aise hi...

Jannat: Anyways, she isn't well as you know, so she'll come next week probably!

Siddharth: Okay, Thanks

he literally ran away from there leaving jannat in fits of laughter. 

A week later,

Avneet was coming towards her class, astonished seeing the differences made in a single week. As she was coming, she bumped into a wall. She pouted and rubbed her nose cutely.

Avneet: Oww!!

She heard someone laugh. She looked up to see Siddharth whom she bumped into, laughing at her. 

Avneet: What?

Siddharth: What what?

Avneet: why are you laughing!?

Siddharth: Should I cry then?

Avneet: Ughh, you're so annoying.

Siddharth: (out of the blue) I'm sorry!

Avneet: Huh.. what?

Siddharth: I'm sorry Avneet. I really didn't know that you'll get hurt, this badly. 

Avneet: It's okay Siddharth, i know you didn't mean to and thanks tho.. I know it was you who sent me those chocolates and also applied that shitty balm on my foot, that helped by the way...

Siddharth: No, it's just that I was really guilty.

Avneet: It's okay, I'm just too clumsy, happens..

Siddharth: That toh you are

Avneet: *laughs and playfully slaps him on his shoulder* Shut up!

Siddharth: So now that it's all sorted, here you go with your duty...

Avneet: Haha thanks! Were you waiting for my foot to break to give me a duty? You're so annoyingg!

Siddharth: Nah nothing like that but thanks, I take that as a compliment. 

Avneet: Huh, you should, i guess...

Siddharth: *laughs* Anyways, you giving the french olympiad, it's common for both our classes...

Avneet: Ah, cool... I would, I guess.

Siddharth: Nice...

They fall into awkward silence.

Avneet: Umm... alright I guess, I'll catch up later?

Siddharth: Sure!

They began going in the same way.

Siddharth: Umm... it's my class there?

Avneet: Yeah, I'm going to meet Jaan, it's been like a week since I saw her!

Siddharth: Oh... Go, meet her then!

Avneet: yes yes! *she runs away*

Siddharth: Goofy girl *shakes his head, smiling*

Any flaws, please do tell if any!

I hope you liked the chapter...

Your Author,

Sana❤️