8. Critical Break

The exfiltration from the Azur Lane base went better than expected.

Despite the presence of the four factions, the intervention of their commander allowed them to escape without much trouble.

The only hitch is Leonard's loss of consciousness immediately after they left the port. The mental stress caused by the complete download of the cube in his brain must have put him under too much pain and now he is sleeping deeply in his room, while Eleonora is at his side.

"What do we do, Wolfgang? With Leonard in this condition we should delay the plan to invade the Northern Parliament"

Gregorio and Raiko are gathered together with their second in command in a room of the ship to decide what to do. Ragnarok has always been a loner, but he can listen to the conversation even from afar and he can speak with others too...

"We cannot delay the master's plan, even without him, we must recover the white cube of the Winter Garden"

Ragnarok is able to project his voice into people's minds, allowing him to listen to other people's speeches and respond in turn.

"The problem is that only Leonard can touch the white cubes, anyone else would be brutally rejected, a counter-measure of the professor to avoid it falling into the wrong hands"

The only real problem is a delay on the schedule, this would allow Azur Lane to organize and reach them to put a spoke in their way.

"There is not changing in our plans..."

The three men stand up, behind them their commander accompanied by Eleanora with a worried face.

"Eleonora..."

"I couldn't stop him, you know how stubborn he is," the woman answers to Wolfgang.

"The plans doesn't change! Towards the Northern Parliament"

...

Wolfgang walks the snowy streets of the base with Gregorio and in front of them, Leonard.

It is still not sure if it is wise to make him do it, given his condition after downloading the previous one, especially because at the end of everything he will have to complete the second data download and this time he could risk his life.

"Wolfgang!"

"Sir!" he replies immediately.

"Whatever your concern, get rid of it! We don't have time to worry about others"

Heavy words, after all he lives not to carry out this huge plan, but to protect the one who saved his life in his darkest moment.

"I will focus on our goal"

"Go!"

The two warriors disappear immediately.

While Leonard watches the huge building in front of him.

"The Winter Garden!"

He hasn't entered yet, but he perceives the presence of someone else inside, he already has half an idea of who it might be, in his heart he feels a strange emotion at the thought of seeing her again, even if he has to keep her under control, since it does not intend to give up what is kept within this Garden.

Without further ado, Leonard walks through the gate, ready to retrieve what belongs to him.

.....................................................................

Grogorio is the first to appear in front of his opponents.

The girls of the Northern Parliament are already in position, in their eyes he understands that they are ready to fight, but also sees a lot of fear, after all they cannot be in the dark about what they are able to do, at least Azur Lane will have released every single data about them.