12. Guardian of Eternal Rest

The bells toll in the green plains of Iris Libre.

Richelieu is found praying in the basilica, with the advent of this formidable new enemy, all major factions and minor factions have banded together to fight what once should have been their hope for a brighter future

"Richelieu!"

The woman turns to meet her colleague's gaze.

"Jeanne, what's going on?"

"Nothing! I didn't find you in your office, so I thought I'd come here..."

Richelieu lets out a smile "I can't hide anything from you eh..."

*Rica...* Suddenly a memory resurfaces in Richelieu's mind.

*"Rica won't catch me!"*

"*Leonard, I've told you a thousand times not to call me Rica and come back here"*

*They played chasing each other around the citadel near the basilica, it was a storm and it never stopped*

*"You're slow Rica, so you don't catch me"*

*"Don't run into the basilica brat, if you fall and get hurt, then who explains it to the professor or Belfast"*

*Hearing the name of Belfast, Leonard always stopped to think.*

*"Please don't tell Belfast Rica!"*

*"It all depends on your behavior young man"*

*"Eeeh..."*

*That was the moment I always burst out laughing, when I saw his disappointed face that I can't keep hanging around.*

"Jeanne, why did it come to this?"

Jeanne knows what she's talking about "Everything that happened that day and the truth that came to light from the professor's memoirs" Jeanne takes a deep breath "Unfortunately, there's a lot we didn't know about Leonard"

"This does not justify our actions... We must remember that we have been the creators of a part of that hatred that consumes it"

Another guest enters the chapel.