9: High school entrance exam

Shen Shao got up from the ground and patted the dirt from his pant legs. He felt too embarrassed to look back. He'd fallen in front of so many teachers!

Shen ZhengYang walked up to him with some schadenfreude, told him the words, "you deserve it", and walked away feeling like he'd won the field.

Shen Shao wanted to touch his face, but his palms were gray with dirt. All he could do was brush off his hands a couple of times and hurry back to the classroom. He didn't want to meet the eyes of the teachers at all, OK?

"The fck, did Shen ZhengYang do that?!" When Shen Shao returned to the classroom, Yang HongQiang, who sat at the same desk, noticed the dirt on his clothes. He smacked the table and said, "Come on, we'll help you get him back!"

"I fell by accident. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone else." Shen Shao coughed with embarrassment. Before returning to the classroom he'd washed his hands. The skin of his palms was scraped. Now that he was sitting it stung a little. "Class is about to start. Where are you going to go?"

It was a pity that none of Shen Shao's classmates believed him, though he told them the truth. In their eyes, Shen ZhengYang and his family were villains who'd bullied Shen Shao. This idea was deep-rooted in their minds and would probably affect their thinking for decades, even after they became adults.

Shen Shao didn't know that he'd unknowingly dug a pit for Shen ZhengYang, but after that day, Shen ZhengYang didn't bother him again. In addition, the boy became more and more serious about his studies, and he bothered fewer girls with love letters. All his attention went to his schoolwork.

By now, Shen Shao had confirmed that his brain really was better than in his previous life. He didn't feel lightheaded no matter how many books he read every day, and he even remembered the contents of what he read. It was like heaven had suddenly raised his IQ from a value of 80 or 90 to something more like 120.

Two or three months before the high school entrance exam, all the properties Shen Shao had bought were included in a relocation and demolition order. The demolition notice was officially issued, but the compensation hadn't been finalized. After all, every time the government moved forward with a land development plan, there were always one or two nail households.

At the start of Shen Shao's third year of junior high school, he asked the calligraphy teacher of his interest class to help him move his registered permanent residence out of Shenjia Village into a real estate property he bought in town. At the same time, he increased his age by two years. At any rate, in this time period it wasn't strange for rural children to start school late, and it wasn't a problem to change his age to be a little older. The most crucial thing was that he could now apply for an ID card. A lot of things would be much more convenient in the future.

The neighborhood committee also began to notify residents in the demolition area to come in to sign the relocation agreement. However, although the residents were excited and talked a lot about it, none of them were willing to sign. Many people had the mentality of delaying longer, hoping the government would increase the compensation.

After observing the situation for a few days, Shen Shao saw that most residents still didn't have much intention of signing, and he sighed to himself. He remembered that last time, no one was willing to sign until the government issued an ultimatum which said that if the residents didn't agree, the developers would abandon the demolition plan. After that, it took less than a week for everyone to sign the agreement, but the final compensation ended up being slightly less than the original offer.

Shen Shao didn't want to wait until things got to that point. He requested half a day off from school, took his property deeds, his ID card, and household register, and went to visit the demolition team at the office of the neighborhood committee.