13: School begins

Shen Shao, who was the subject of gossip for most of the journey, returned to his rental apartment at four or five o'clock in the afternoon. The interior of the apartment was already neat and tidy. He did a little cleaning, made the bed with clean new sheets, and put away the things he brought. Then he could rest at ease.

That night he slept well. When he woke up the next morning, he put on workout clothes and ran a few laps around the community. Then he went out to buy breakfast and some meal ingredients. When he came back, he helped an old lady carry her groceries upstairs. After finishing his breakfast at home, he began to review the study materials for upcoming lessons. After a few days this became a daily routine, although sometimes he helped an old lady or old man carry something upstairs, and sometimes he was empty-handed.

The textbooks for senior year one were intended to lay a foundation for further study. Shen Shao spent several days previewing the material for the main subjects.

However, when he heard that a small new hot pot restaurant had opened nearby, he was greedy and put away his books. He went out the door with his wallet.

Furong City had a lot of greenery, and the banyan trees on both sides of the street were lush, giving people a feeling of freshness and vitality. Although the sun was blazing down, pedestrians didn't feel the glare on the sidewalk.

Shen Shao walked leisurely to the door of the small hot pot shop. Because of his professional habits in his previous life, he carefully looked at the restaurant's decoration. It had a bit of an ethnic style, with bright and sparkling windows and waiters wearing white uniforms. It gave diners the impression they didn't have to worry about cleanliness issues when eating here.

He walked into the restaurant, found a small table for two, and sat down. He ordered a mandarin duck hot pot and several other dishes he liked. The waiting time for the pot was a little long. Shen Shao happened to be sitting near the window, and he began to observe the neighborhood outside.

There are several office buildings nearby with a lot of white-collar and gold-collar workers. There was also a public square with a cultural theme not far away. People came and went frequently, so it was a good choice to open a shop here. At least it had sufficient customer flow.

After eating the delicious meal, Shen Shao emerged from the restaurant smelling of hot pot. As soon as he reached the corner, a man in a black suit bumped into him.

"Sorry." The man in the suit stepped aside, made a gesture of invitation, motioning for Shen Shao to go first.

Shen Shao didn't mind and simply smiled at him. After walking a few more steps, he looked back. Three men all wearing the exact same style of suit were standing with the man who'd bumped into him, and in the middle of the four was a teenager. Shen Shao saw only the boy's back, but there was the aura of a rich young master all over him, that is, a kind of legendary nobility.

Tsk, tsk. Shen Shao looked away. He'd better study hard, make progress every day, and strive to become a self-made rich man like that.

"Second young master?" The man in the suit saw that the second young master had stopped in his tracks. He felt a little puzzled and followed the young man's line of sight. He immediately saw the teenager he'd just bumped into. "Is there something wrong with that person?"

The teenager averted his gaze, shook his head slowly, and continued forward without saying a word.

Seeing this, his bodyguards followed him without asking more questions.

When the last day of August arrived, it was raining and the weather was a bit cool. Shen Shao dressed in a long-sleeved shirt with a hat, jeans, and sneakers. He looked in the mirror and inwardly felt satisfied with his appearance. He went downstairs, got on his new bike, and headed to school.