15: 'Young Master' Shen

Outside quarrels about education had no effect on the daily academic lives of the students of No. 3 High School. The school did its best to separate the students from this type of external discussion to avoid impacting them.

China was a country with a long history, a rich culture, and good traditions. After generations of educational reform, China had learned to take the best ideas and avoid the dregs, allowing Chinese people to make use of concepts from cultures from all over the world.

Sometimes debates were a good start, because with debate came progress. There were always some people with extreme views, but the majority of people wanted their country to become better and stronger.

Most high school students viewed these kinds of social questions as extremely far away. After the Mid-Autumn Festival performance, the students of Class 15 became more united, which fostered a stronger learning atmosphere. Over time, a kind of benign competition formed which made Class 15 shine brightly among the other classes of year one.

At heart, Shen Shao considered himself a layman. He admired the students who were proficient in music, chess, calligraphy and painting, but all he felt was a little envy. As far as his life plan was concerned, he thought it was enough to be able to play a bit of piano for his own amusement and practice calligraphy to sharpen his mind.

Because No. 3 High School attached great importance to students' strengths in all aspects, it sent a lot of students to participate in outside competitions. Shen Shao frequently saw articles in the school newspaper about classmates who took part in competitions and won first place. Every time he saw those articles, he sighed to himself about how impressive those students were. Even if his actual mental age was almost thirty and his brain had improved in this life, he still couldn't compare with those kids.

"Shen Shao, are you reading the school paper again?" When Liang Cheng saw what Shen Shao was reading, he felt a little bored. "What's so good about those stories? Our school sends people to competitions every day. They say our school has so many trophies they can't fit them all in the showroom cabinets. They have to lock up the extras in storage."

"Is it that extreme?" Shen Shao smiled, folded up the school newspaper and put it in his desk. "Anyway, I think they're impressive."

Liang Cheng shrugged. In his eyes, the most powerful person in school was Shen Shao. Compared to him, everyone else was a lightweight.

Shen Shao had no idea his deskmate blindly idolized him. He continued to chat with Liang Cheng about some of the powerful figures in school, and his voice had a touch of envy and appreciation. "They all know so much at such a young age. They're so sharp."

Liang Cheng stared at Shen Shao, unable to say a word. Wasn't that something an old person would say? How can you call other kids young? Do you have any awareness that you're a high school student yourself?

Although Shen Shao's ID card said he was seventeen years old, Liang Cheng knew Shen Shao's real age was over two years younger than that. Liang Cheng might be introverted, but he was also considerate. He didn't ask Shen Shao why he deliberately changed his age.

Maybe Shen Shao didn't know that he himself was a figure to be admired in the eyes of many other students. Liang Cheng felt somewhat helpless about this, but he also felt happy, because even if Shen Shao left people speechless sometimes, the students in class liked that about him.

After all, who wanted to get close to a genius who was high above everyone else, immersed in his own world? Avoiding someone like that wasn't jealousy, it was human instinct. Think of a flower growing on a high mountaintop. Even if everyone praised it for its beauty, how many people would actually dare to pick it?