Hyde X OC 5

First person pov bc its easier to write.

"Hey Layla, you going to Hyde's 'find a girl' party?" Donna jumps over the back of the couch and rests her boots on the magazine that sits on the table in front of them.

I scoff. "No way. You?"

"No. I have a radio thing. You know they have a keg and free food right?"

"Yeah, it's all my mom can talk about. Not the keg obviously, Eric told me about that. I'm not really in the mood for a party today. I wanted the basement to watch SNL but that's out the window so. Guess I'll have to find something else to do."

"You could do the radio contest. My dad and Kelso are trying to win the van. But you can stand as far away from them as possible."

"A van? Yeah that sounds cool, I'll come with."

Kelso walks up to me before the start of the contest and brags about being able to do Jackie in the van. I roll my eyes as always. The other side of the van has even less entertainment to offer. Old men that reek of patchouli and cigarettes. I don't mind either smell but the looks they're giving me are reason enough to risk spending the day with Kelso and Donna's dad.

"Guess I'm stuck with you two." I sigh. "Hey, the only rules are to keep a hand on the van right?"

"Right."

"So... climbing on the roof," I use the wheel to get on the hood and then lift myself to sit on the top of the van. "Not against the rules?" I show him my palm and then rest it on the rod of the roof.

The man looks taken aback but shakes his head. "I guess not."

A mustached man- Daniel apparently- walks up to us and brags about something or other. He looks at me and smiles.

"And you, pretty lady, you can have a ride anytime you'd like."

I smile bitterly at him and turn my head so I'm facing Kelso. He makes his offended scoffing sound and asks me why I didn't take the offer.

"Kelso, you idiot. He didn't mean a ride in the van. Plus he's not going to win." I roll my eyes. He looks at the creepy man and then to me before he realizes the implication. "He's trying to get me to leave so I take my hand off. Well that's not going to happen." I turn my head to glare at him again.

I sit there in the hot sun for hours, ignoring everyone else. People start to file out. The smell of patchouli fades and soon it's only me, Kelso, and Daniel.

"So you're missing a party full of beer and women for this?" I raise my eyebrows at Kelso. "What's the deal?" He looks up at me from his place on ground.

"Come on, Layla. You know I'm over that stuff. I love Jackie. I'm doing this for her."

"Yeah, right. So you have a private place to bang her?"

"Yeah." He misses my sarcasm and answers as if it's obvious. "Why are you missing the party?"

"Well they didn't even tell Hyde about it. He has no clue this party is for him. It's not going to end well for anyone." I shrug. He stays weirdly silent for a few seconds. "What, Kelso? You're really not going to make a stupid comment?"

"You like Hyde." He finally says.

"That's what you got from that?"

"So you do have a crush on him!"

I laugh and shake my head at is idiocy.

Soon Jackie runs up. I keep my hand on the van and lay on my stomach to listen to their conversation. Not that I would ever admit it out loud, but they are kind of a cute couple sometimes.

Finally, after an hour of "Am I prettier than..." between Jackie and Kelso, Daniel gives up.

"Down to two."

I look to Kelso and he looks up at me.

"Okay but I get shotgun anytime Jackie's not there. Or if you ever break up."

"Deal." We shake on it with our free hands. Jackie smacks his chest but cheers as soon as I jump down from the top of the van.

I wait for the two love birds to stop celebrating before walking up to Jackie.

"So... Was the party a success?" I keep a casual tone as best I can.

"What? Oh I don't know, I left early. Why?"

"I know why." Kelso taunts. Jackie turns to him angrily and then turns back to me for an answer. I silently beg Kelso not to tell her. We all know once Jackie hears a secret it won't be secret for very much longer.

"Just curious, is all." I smile simply and start to walk away.

"Michael, tell me. You guys are hiding something!"

"I just wanted to meet some of the girls."

"Oh my gosh. Layla this is perfect!" She runs up to catch up to me so I stop and turn.

"What? Why?"

"You want to make more girl friends, right? I can teach you all about that. We can have makeovers and get our nails done. With a year of hard work you may even be able to meet the cheerleading squad!"

"Oh... Great. Thanks Jackie." I walk back to the Vista Cruiser and drive home alone.

I walk down to the basement to see my younger brother surrounded by beautiful women.

"What the hell is going on? Did he drug them?" I whisper to Donna who has her arms crossed.

"No, he's just using our breakup to get them to feel sorry for him."

"Don't they know he broke up with you?"

She turns to me and nods.

"Hey, you're right!" She proceeds to rat Eric out. As I'm laughing at his misfortune, I catch a glimpse of Hyde and a girl I recognize from Donna's radio station. I hear him ask her on a date.

I spent all day in the sun next to Kelso, I deserve a little fun so I chug the beer I'm holding. I'm sick of being around people. I could get any guy I want to, why does he get such a cute girlfriend? Eric and Donna's relationship didn't bother me, Jackie and Kelso doesn't bother me. Why does Hyde? I fill up my cup with more beer and go out to the driveway.

"Hey, little Laid-like,-four-men! Look at you." A familiar voice calls from the street. An uncreative nickname I've only been called by one person. "Layla Forman" has so many better insults than that.

"Kelsey Kelso?" I look up to see his trans am in the street.

"Want a ride?"

I shrug and drink the rest of my beer before jumping in next to him.

"Layla! Who's-...Kasey?"

"Pinciotti! Care to join?"

She shakes her head but walks up to the car.

"You okay, Layla?"

"Fine. Just want to have some fun."

Kasey speeds off down the street leaving Donna alone.