Hyde X OC 2

"Oh! I have to go!" Layla trips over her chair in a hurry out the door. If she's quick enough maybe Red won't question it.

"No, Layla we talked about this. You're going to the store with your mother." Red demands. She holds her tongue. She knows that he thinks he's protecting her, but it's still frustrating.

"Okie dokie." She answers bitterly but continues to get her stuff together to leave.

"Stop being a smart ass." 

"Okie dokie." She purses her lips.

"You know I think you should go easy on her, Red." Hyde remarks quietly.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Forman turns to Hyde.

"Whatever." Layla pushes the door open and slams it shut. Unfortunately the slamming of a swinging door has substantially less attitude. Red pushes his way to the garage. Kitty looks shocked and Eric just sits there awkwardly. Hyde sighs and takes the responsibility of helping the angry teenage female.

"Hey. You alright?"

"It's whatever." She responds and throws stuff into a bag.

"Why are you packing?" He sits on the bed and looks at the clothes in her bag. She snatches it away before he can find anything too embarrassing.

"I need a break. I need out." She sets her bag back down.

"Where are we going?" He grabs some t-shirts and helps her pack.

"I am going... 50 miles in any direction." She answers and walks out. 

At the women's rights march Layla meets up with a group consisting of her friends and a few strangers. One of which is obviously only here to pick up a date.

Layla bites into the sandwich as she laughs with her friends after the march. The boy from earlier continues to invade the groups personal space. He makes it around to Layla but before he could say anything Hyde rests his arm around her. The boy moves on to the next unsuspecting woman. 

They sit in Layla's car after the rally. The radio plays Stranglehold by Ted Nugent.

"Want me to drop you off at home before I leave?" She asks bluntly.

"Layla, I think you need to calm down. Just for today, man. Let's go back and we'll talk about it tomorrow and make a plan okay?" He tries to convince the anxious girl. She doesn't respond, but drives back home.

The next day

Layla walks down the basement stairs slowly in hopes to find The Circle in progress. Her bell bottoms hugging her thighs and a KISS crop top hanging loosely from her shoulders.

"Damn!" Kelso exclaims. Both Hyde and Jackie hit both of his shoulders. "Ow!"

She just smirks and catches Hyde's gaze. He clears his throat and looks away.

She goes to the deep freeze for a popsicle and turns around to see Hyde staring at her again. He looks back at the television screen. Real subtle. 

"So." She pulls out the baggy from her back pocket. As soon as the bag hits the table, Kelso has the incense burner out and Hyde uncovers the hidden bong. They had gotten it last week from Layla's friend. It wasn't anything special, but it's better than rolling.