𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲. 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗿𝗼𝗰𝗸

"you're throwing a house party.. for your child friends?" robin asks steve after ringing a customer up.
"yup" he simply states making me giggle.

"what's all this for again?" i ask which sets him off on another party tangent.
"think of it as a mixer for kids" he responds

"just with booze?" i say making steve nod profusely.
"precisely." he says with a grin on his face.

robin rolls her eyes at this.
"you're providing underaged children with alcohol?" she asks, baffled.
"who else would?" steve replies challenging robin.

"uh how about nobody dingus." she responds while putting price tags on the back of new dvds.
"you must've been a joy a parties!" steve states sarcastically setting robin off.

"on that note.. i'm just gonna head out." i say as i back up to the door.
"you're coming right?!" steve asks
"sure, why not." i say before steve goes back to arguing with robin.

i walk into the arcade in uniform making keith huff in disapproval.
"did you really have to cut up the shirt." he states making me laugh
"it gets hot in here" i defend while putting my hair up.

"whatever. are they there?" he asks referring to steve and robin
"yes. your two favorite people are ready for your.. managing." i respond as he throws the keys my way.

"great start to my shift." he says before walking out of the arcade.

i head back behind the desk and clean up the top before situating myself on the stool, ready for the busy day.

max is the first to come in putting a smile on my face- i know i just judged steve for hanging out with kids when i myself hang out with one but in my defense- max is very different.

"you won't believe me when i tell you this!" max says as she walks up closer to the desk.
i reach over and open the latch, letting max in.

she sits herself on a spare stool before letting out a breath.
"so get this. after the whole thing with lucas, he got his friends to stop talking to me too!" she says making my eyes widen.

"wow that's a dick move." i state as she nods.
"oh ho ho. that's not all! lucas then proceeds to pretend not to know me when i'm looking for a seat a lunch!" she says in a huff.

"oh and mind you. it is so hard to find a seat in the cafeteria when you're a freshman." she says and with that i agree automatically.
"oh trust me, i know." i say

after max cools off she picks up one of my cosmos to occupy herself with.
a boy walks in that i soon realize is none other than tommy, one of the many people steve has pointed out to me from his past.

tommy doesn't seem to know me seeing as he walks up to the prize desk without any realization.
"what brings you in today?" i ask making him look at me and open his mouth.

"woah are you new?" he asks me in what seems to be shock
"sure let's go with that." i state sarcastically before he smirks.

he doesn't say anything as he watches me make max put the magazine down.
"take a picture!" she says as i refrain myself from laughing.
"so new girl.." tommy draws out
"yeeess?" i respond while titling my head a bit.