𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁. 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

"what the fuck." max says making me confused.
"what seems to be the issue..?" i question.

"you seriously don't see an issue with that?" max asks before i shake my head.
"no. all i did was glance at robin." i state not understanding where she was getting at.

"while you were kissing your BOYFRIEND." she shouts.
"i don't see where you're going with this. robins a girl, she's pretty." i say in defense before continuing
"it's not like i have a thing for her! i saw her in her bra max. we're like bonded now." i finish making maxs eyes go wide.

"you have to be twisting my leg." max says.
"max. robin quite literally helped me while i was drunk, she's my friend" i say as max frowns.

"she's definitely more but i'll let you believe what you want to!" she says as i let out a sarcastic thank you.

・❥・

as my shift goes on, i'm still on the topic that max brought up.

"max. what made you come to that conclusion, that i was you know?" i ask making her tilt her head ever so slightly.
"know what?" she asks.
"that i was, you know..." i trail off making the girl roll her eyes.

"it's not a virus val." she says with a laugh making me nod.
"it's just an assumption, i mean you two are pretty close. always together in school and out, and you said you saw her boobs" she says bluntly.

"so looking at someone's boobs isn't normal now?" i questioned making max shake her head.
"i mean maybe once, but if you do it constantly then i don't know what to tell you." she responds.

one of the main reasons i liked going to games with steve was for the cheerleaders, i liked the way they moved and now all i could think about was me staring solely at them.

"i think i broke her." max says while waving her hand in my face making me snap out of my thoughts.
"this is so confusing." i state making her nod.

"if it wasn't, i'd be concerned." she says.

"what do i do??" i ask starting to freak out before starting to pace back and forth in the confined space i had.

the feeling of a hand on my arm stops my pacing as i turn to see max staring at me.

"okay first thing, calm down. this is not the end of the world i promise." she says as i nod
"secondly, you need to figure yourself out okay? nothings set in stone yet." she says getting through to me.

"you're exactly right." i saw before i start laughing making max squint.
"are you.. okay?" max asks making me laugh even more.

"if i don't laugh i will end up losing it." i say, putting a forced smile on my face.

the two of us are interrupted by the sound of the bell opening, our attention gravitates to the door as we see steve walk in.

"steve! what a lovely surprise!" max says making me roll my eyes as steve gives a confused look.
"my shift ended and i wanted to see my best girl." he says turning his attention back towards me.

"and here i was, thinking i was your best girl!" a voice says making me immediately turn my head towards the door.

"and robin!" max exclaims making robin confused before shaking her head.
"come on you two, i have a date to get to!" robin states making me frown before asking

"with who??"

asking this makes max put her face in her hands.
"since you're so eager val, i have a date with molly ringwald." she says with a smirk on her face.

i let out a nervous laugh that probably went on longer than it should've as steve turns back to me with a smile.
"i guess this means we have to go" he says before kissing me.
for once i didn't feel butterflies and it terrified me, i guess it was from the guilt of being unsure but i'm not sure.

he pulls away making me put a smile on my face before gathering all of my stuff together.

i clean up quickly before we all leave the arcade. max then waves to me before skating off leaving me alone with just the two of them.

i got in the backseat of robins car, terrified of what the future held for me.

apparently i was zoned out because the ride to my house was short lived.

at this point i don't know what to do.
ೃ⁀➷

"𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙞 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚"・❥・

・❥・

(A/N: short chapter but it was mainly a filler! so sorry for the wait!)