𝘁𝗲𝗻. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲

"no. no. no!" i hear while max is rummaging through my closet.
"val. you have like no date clothes in here." she says making me let out a laugh

"sorry i don't have a date section in my closet, maybe next time!" i state sarcastically before getting hit in the face with a dress.

i pull the garment off of my body, glaring at max as i do so. i analyze the dress which looks presentable enough.
"this'll do." i say, not excited for this upcoming date.

"a 'your welcome' would be nice!" max says.

"thank you so much maxine!" i exclaim as my voice follows me behind my room divider to change. i smooth out the gap dress, playing the mesh detailing between my fingers.

walking out in front of divider, max claps dramatically.
"i am such an artist" she says with her 'artist hand pose'

ignoring her, i reach over to my vanity and grab my aqua net before quickly spraying it through my hair.

𝙃𝙊𝙉𝙆

"shoot" i mutter, looking for shoes on the clothing covered floor.

"right here val!" max hurries out as she throws a pair of flats my way.

i run out the room putting the two flats on as i walk, not before stopping at the mirror in the hallway to fix any imperfections.
i feel maxs presence directly behind me as she fluffs out my hair for me.

i turn around to face her when we both finish 'touching' me up.
"okay here's the deal, i'm gonna wait here. watch some tv while you go on this date and then once you come back you will tell me everything!" max explains before spraying my neck with some perfume.

"got it." i state

my wrists are grabbed and sprayed with the same fragrance before another horn beeps.
"gosh. why's he so impatient?" max huffs before practically pushing me out the door.

i turn around and am met with the slam of my own front door.
"don't have too much fun now!" i heard from the inside instantly making me roll my eyes.

i turn forward again and make my way towards steve's car with a smile plastered on my face.
i'm met with the same expression once opening the door to the passenger seat.

"hi." i say with a soft smile once i settle into the seat before closing the door.
"hey val, you ready?" steve asks with his eyes locked in mine.

"of course." i state while steve pulls off.

i put my face in the palm on one of my hands, leaning onto the door. wanting to savor the moments of silence in the car before all of the conversation at the movies.

・❥・

"𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑚𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑠"
𝐻𝐴𝑊𝐾

walking into the theater, steve pays for two tickets at the booth for a new film with molly ringwald.

"you want anything from the concession stand?" he asks making me shake my head.
"no thanks" i say with a smile instantly confusing steve