𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. 𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

the past few days were extremely draining for me, i was ready to move on from all of this. of course the first step in doing so would be actually finishing a full day of school.

walking through the hallway i felt like everyone's eyes were on me, in reality they weren't but paranoia has been flooding my brain for a bit.

maybe this was all a fluke, maybe this will all smooth over some time soon.

what i wasn't sure of was how i was going to get through lunch, i just couldn't see robin just yet.

it's not like i could just avoid her till everything smooths over.

well.

it wouldn't hurt to try.

・❥・

this whole day was tiring, everytime i thought i saw someone that even remotely resembled robin i would turn the corner. embarrassing i know, but what else could i do?

lunch rolled around and i saw robin approach our table with two drinks in her hand. i felt awful but i knew she'd want to talk about everything and i can't have that.

turning around, i run right into max who is already eyeing me with an annoyed look.

"val. i will drag you over there. please just talk to her." max pleas making me instantly shake my head.
"i can't max." i admit.

max grabs my arm and pulls me out of the cafeteria before stopping near the library.
"you can't avoid her forever okay? this isn't like you." she says with a soft smile.

i just want to get out of this conversation as fast as humanly possible.
"you're completely right! i don't know what i was thinking." i say with a beaming smile plastered onto my face.

"there's my val!" max says with a smile before walking off. my smile instantly drops with no intention of going up to robin anytime soon, what was i supposed to say; "hey you may or may not have been my gay awakening??".

holy shit.

robin was my gay awakening.

shaking that off immediately, i had to get through the rest of this day.

-

after a day that couldn't seem to end, it was finally over. with that i made my way to work.

・❥・

𝑆𝐶𝑅𝐸𝐸𝐶𝐻

parking my car in front of the arcade, another car follows suite, pulling up right next to me.

not thinking anything of it, i make my way out of my car only to be met face to face with robin. smiles instantly dropping.

i can notice robin piecing together what to say next. the both of us seem to be thinking something around the same lines of and icebreaker.

robin finally breaks the silence in her own way.
"well, it uh looks like our schedules matched up" she says awkwardly making me raise my eyebrow.

is that all she had to say? after everything?
i'm sure she was thinking the same thing but still.

"that's it?" i question, confusing her but it made all the sense to me.
she looks baffled as i walk into the arcade, leaving her confused.

guilt instantly filled me as i walked away but there was nothing i could do about it now.

-

during my shift i wasn't like myself, probably because i spent all of it reliving the whole day and realizing just how stupid and childish my actions were.

putting my head in my hands, overwhelmed was an understatement. possible scenarios in my head were running wild and i didn't like any of the ones that were appearing.

the sound of the entrance bell dug me out of my racing mind as i lifted my head up, almost hoping to see robin.

"you look awfully thrilled to see me" max says with a smirk, my smile falters a bit seeing who it is which max takes notice to.

"did i do something..?"

ೃ⁀➷

"𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙚"

・❥・