Tony

All the trigger warnings!! I'm not even joking. This is a dark fic with a very dark Tony. It does get better eventually. But for now... It will only get worse.
Warning for: abusive relationship, mental abuse, light physical abuse, internalised homophobia, homophobic asshole character, asexual person having sex to please said jerk, could be seen as rape, self-harm later in the story.
Like I said. Dark fic. Be warned. The warnings will be repeated each chapter so you can see what will happen there. For this chapter, it's 'only': abusive relationship, mental abuse, and light physical abuse. If I missed something, please let me know. I do not wish to trigger someone in any way. Read at your own risk!!

Once upon a time there was a group of strange mismatched people who didn't belong anywhere. And that's why they fitted together so perfectly.
The avengers all moved into Stark tower after the invasion to bond. Especially Tony and Bruce bonded /really/ well. They got together only a few days after Bruce moved in.
Everything seemed good. They fought villains, rescued the innocent, and got closer as a team. Until That Day.
That Day was the point of change. The moment people slammed their head against a wall, threw a table through a room, or wrecked a pile of punching bags. Just to release the anger. Anger towards Him. And anger towards themselves. For not noticing the bruises. For not seeing their friend slowly fade away.

It was Bruce his birthday, according to his file, and the avengers wanted to do something for him. So they asked his boyfriend if they had any plans.
"Plans? Nah, Brucy isn't a guy to celebrate his birthday." Tony answered and they all frowned. Except Natasha who never uses the muscles in her face.
They wanted to arrange something... So a surprise party was set up. The room was decorated, the cake ready, the lights off, and the people hidden.
On the other side of the door was a smaller sitting room where Bruce and Tony were watching a movie. They knew Bruce always got the drinks. And he had to walk through that door to get to the kitchen.
So they waited. And that's when they found out the wall between the great living room and the small extra sitting room was thin. Very thin. And you could hear /every single word/.

"Bruce. I'm thirsty."
"I... I will get you a drink later Tony." Was the soft and hesitant answer.
"Bruce..." The voice turned more pressing. "I'm thirsty. Now."
"Alright..." Nothing but a whisper and then someone getting up. "What do you want? Water?"
A snort, a sudden movement, and a soft whimper. "Do. Not. Fool with me."
"T-Tony... You're... You're drunk." Was stuttered and another whimper was heard. Then a thud as if someone hit the floor somehow.
"Useless piece of trash. You better get that lazy ass up and get me a proper drink, or I will kick your ass back to the streets with a tracker shoved down your throat and the tracer to Ross. Is that what you want?"
"N-No... Tony... I'm sorry..."
"You better be. Never forget all I do for you out of the good of my heart. It's not like you can ever repay me. Even buying a whore every night instead of fucking you would be cheaper. And more satisfying. But no... Tell me Bruce. Tell me what I have so graciously allowed you." Yet another whimper and a small sob. "Tell me!"
"A... A home... F-Friends... Cl-Clothes... L... Lo-Love..." The words were stuttered like a mantra.
"And what would you have without me? What do you /deserve/?"
"Pain, hatred, nothing." These words were said differently. More... Like he actually believed them...
Steve broke. He had been frozen in place like the others since the words started. This had to be some sort of sick joke. Some crazy nightmare. This could not be true!
Another whimper caused him to break the door down with the others at his back. They found Bruce on the floor on his knees, Tony holding his hair and forcing his head back. Terrified eyes flew to them as they bursted in and dragged Tony away. "No... N-No..." The scientist curled up and covered his head with his arms. "Please... No..." He whispered and Natasha crouched beside him and gently rubbed his back, closing her eyes when he winced.
Thor and Clint dragged Tong away while Steve sent a message to Phil with the situation explained. They needed to fix this. Now.