Chapter 1: Sick

Spanish: Los que hayan leído esta historia antes, uno no den spoilers y dos ayúdenme si saben algo de ingles pls y tres enjoy the story :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirabel like every morning was the first one up, it had been a couple of months since they had recovered the miracle and things had improved a lot, her Abuela had opened up to the family, her uncle Bruno came back to the family, at the beginning he behaved in an uncomfortable and frightening way, Luisa took one day a week off and the rest of the days she was only allowed to do a certain number of chores, the first few days she herself went with her to make sure she did not overdo it, even helping her on occasion, the others followed almost the same, only without the suffocating pressure of expectations, the one who could relax the most with this was Isabela, she could be herself and enjoy her gift, she was always trying new flowers and plants, although for some reason this also meant that she herself spent more time in Isabela's room watching Isabela show her new creations, although Isabela was no longer fighting for her Abuela approval, it seemed that she was now seeking her sister's approval, but she supposed that in time she would stop looking for approval and would do things just for the sake of doing them.

Dolores on the other hand was incredibly happy with her relationship with Mariano, surprisingly both understood each other and found common ground, luckily for everyone no one saw bad that they formed a relationship, on the contrary, Isabela was the first to show her approval and wish them happiness, I also supported them and after that no one had any complaints.

"Casita go pour the coffee, while I go wake up the others" I was about to go upstairs when I felt my head start to ache and spin, and I would have fallen to the floor had casita not moved a chair for me to lean on.

Casita's tiles shook vigorously as if asking if I was all right.

"Don't worry Casita, it was just a little dizziness, nothing serious, well I'm going to wake everyone up" I went upstairs and started at Dolores' door, followed by Luisa's, Camilo's, Antonio's and so on until I finally reached Isabela's, for some reason I felt very exhausted, I felt like I had run a marathon, I felt my breathing agitated but I had the energy to knock on Isabela's door and wake her up, but before I knocked on the door the door was already being opened showing an already dressed up Isabela with her colorful dress and a yellow flower in her hair.

"Mira, are you okay?" I just nodded.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be" Isa looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Amm you usually wake me up before nine in the morning, it's twenty past nine" I looked at the clock on the wall and it was indeed very late.

"Darn... sorry for the delay, I didn't know it was so late" Isa's gaze was analyzing me.

"Come on, surely everyone is already having breakfast" I gave her a tired smile, I felt my body quite tired.

We arrived at the table and everyone was already seated eating breakfast, Abuela saw us arrive and raised an eyebrow.

"Mirabel, Isabela, it's not often you are so late for breakfast" I sighed.

"I'm sorry Abuela, it was my fault, I was too late waking everyone up today" Abuela looked at me as did everyone else.

"My dear, are you feeling well, you look very tired" My Abuela showed her concern.

"Don't worry I'm fine" I forced a smile, it seemed I had convinced most of them as they continued eating, but at that I felt someone take my hand and I noticed Isa hadn't left my side.

"Mira, if you don't feel well you can say so" I could see her concern.

"I'll eat mom's food and you'll see I'll look much better" I gave her a more sincere smile than the previous ones and it seemed to reassure her.

We went to sit down, as we were the last ones to arrive we got to sit separately, but that didn't stop Isa from giving me a few looks, as did Abuela.

While I was eating my breakfast, I started to worry, because no matter how much I ate it didn't seem that my body felt better, on the contrary, I started to feel my stomach upset and it seems that my face was very expressive because uncle Bruno, who was in front of me, spoke to me.

"Mirabel, you look pale..." As soon as she said this all eyes were fixed on me and I felt my stomach getting more and more upset.

"Mija what's wrong?" mom was starting to worry, but I really couldn't be bothered to answer her as I was feeling really sick.

I saw that Abuela was going to speak, but before she could even say anything I had to run towards the bathroom and dump out all the contents of my stomach, within seconds I could feel someone holding my hair gently and rubbing my back.

I wiped my face and felt I was ready to faint, I saw that who had followed me to the bathroom had been my mom together with Aunt Pepa and Dolores, surely the others are outside the bathroom waiting for me.

We came out of the bathroom only to feel Luisa carrying me in her arms.

"Mirabel if you weren't feeling well you should have told us" Abuela looked troubled.

"I didn't think it would get this bad, I'm sorry" I felt my throat rasp.

"Luisa dear, take Mirabel to her room so she can rest and recover" Luisa nodded.

"I'm sorry you have to do this" Luisa gave me a smile.

"Don't worry sis, when your stomach recovers mom will give you some of her food and you will be as good as new" I smiled at Luisa.

Luisa went upstairs, being closely followed by mom and aunt Pepa I saw that Isabela and uncle Bruno also wanted to come, but Abuela asked them to inform the people that today I would take the day off, which I consider excessive, in a couple of hours I will eat my mom's food and recover.

Luisa left me on my bed and sat next to me with my mom and Aunt Pepa looking at me with concern.

"Amm you know I won't run away, I don't need to be watched."

"It's not that, it's just that you've never been sick before, your dad and Felix have, but neither you nor your sisters have ever been sick" Aunt Pepa nodded.

"Your uncle Felix has had a couple of colds, but he ate Juliet's food and recovered instantly, Dolores, Camilo and Antonio have never been sick" My mother looked worried.

"You'll see it will pass as soon as I eat something just let my stomach recover".

"If anything happens just let Dolores know she will tell us" Aunt Pepa gave me a kiss on my forehead and went out.

"I'll come in a while, you just rest" Mom gave me a kiss on my forehead and also left.

"Get well soon sis" Luisa gave me a smile and left.

"I settled into my bed and decided to close my eyes to rest.