Chapter 6: The miracle gets out of control

I woke up when I felt something around my waist which clearly scared me, making me wake up suddenly, but what was holding me prisoner refused to let me go.

I barely grabbed my glasses to see what it was that was holding me prisoner.

As soon as I could see clearly I felt my breath caught in my throat, because before me was my room full of vines, flowers and grass, my bed was surrounded by thick vines that surrounded me without hurting me, at this sight I could only shout the first thing that came to my mind.

"ISABELAAAAAAAAA!"

And just like the day before I didn't have to wait long because a few minutes later I felt how my door was opened with a dull knock and my sister came in all disheveled, in her pijamas and with more vines next to her, but of course as soon as she saw what was in my room her look went from concern to panic and before I could even tell her anything Isabela was already fighting the vines that had me prisoner and she came to my side quickly.

"MIRA! What happened, are you ok, did you hurt yourself?" I covered Isabela's mouth as it looked like she was going to get something if she kept it up.

"ISA BREATHE!" I exclaimed and she looked a little calmer and I removed my hand from her mouth.

"Can you tell me why your room is full of vines and plants?" negue.

"I thought they were yours...wait wasn't it you?"

"Of course not, I missed you but I would never try to turn your room into a jungle or try to strangle you with vines in your bed" Isabela looked around worriedly.

Before we could continue our conversation my door would thunder open again, this time showing my family walking in and upon seeing the state of my room all eyes turned intently to Isabela who tensed and cringed a little.

"Wait this wasn't Isabela's fault, on the contrary, we don't know how this happened" The looks went from serious to confused and worried, I watched as abuela approached us.

"Isabela can you remove the plants?" Isa denied.

"They are not mine, I can't feel my magic on them and they don't respond to my magic, I'm sorry abuela I can't control them" Abuela looked worried.

"Mother I know it's early, but I think we need to talk, it has to do with Mirabel and what's going on here" Uncle Bruno spoke in a serious manner.

Seeing him so serious I felt my anguish from last night come back to me and at that moment I felt a thunder followed by raindrops on us.

"Pepa you are getting us wet" Mama looked at Aunt Pepa who looked confused.

"It's not me..." I looked at the cloud that covered my entire room and was starting to soak everyone.

Everyone was worried as the cloud continued to thunder and wet everything, uncle Bruno looked at me and sighed.

"Isabela, I need you to stay with Mirabel and try to calm her down, now the rest of us get changed and prepare breakfast, Mirabel finishes her quarantine and I must inform everyone about something very important" Uncle Bruno left and was followed by the others who were torn between being scared, worried and confused.

As I pondered I began to feel cold because of the rain which stopped falling on me, when I looked up I saw that Isabela made her vines create a makeshift roof over us and she pulled herself closer to me to share her body heat.

"I imagine... what Uncle Bruno will tell us has to do with your room being in this state" I nodded.

"Yes... the truth is it all started last night..." I snuggled into Isabela's shoulder who wrapped me in a warm embrace.