Chapter 3: What will we do?

Today I'm feeling generous and I'm going to upload another chapter.

We were gathered at the table listening to abuela saying that no madrigal with a gift should go near Mira's room, since we could catch it and if we did it could be a big problem for the Town, I really understand how bad it could be if any of us fell ill... but at the same time it frustrates me to know that I can't do anything to help my sister, all of this makes me feel useless.

"Isabela dear, I know you are mad but there is nothing we can do" Grandma looked at me with concern.

"Mom I feel like Isabela too, knowing that my food only made her condition worse..." Mom looked as if she was being told she poisoned someone....

"I know Julieta, it's frustrating, but let's be thankful that Felix and Agustin can help her" As soon as abuela said that we all looked at the aforementioned, mamá looked at papá as if he was a thief, while aunt Pepa had clouds of lightning above her head, I was thankful that at least they can help her... but if it were up to me I would go take care of Mira myself.

"Abuela do you have any idea why Mirabel is sick?" Camilo asked.

"Not really."

"Abuela, can't I go see Mira either?" Antonio looked at abuela and my heart ached a little.

"Toñito, Mirabel wouldn't want you to get sick, besides we are doing this to take care of her, you will be able to join her very soon" Antonio looked sad.

"Hey Antonio, if you want I can imitate Mirabel" Camilo tried to encourage his brother by changing his shape to Mirabel's.

"But it won't be the same without Mira to laugh with me" Camilo deflated and went back to normal.

If there was one thing we knew for sure in this house it was, first that Mirabel is the miracle of this family and second that Antonio does not tolerate being away too long from his favorite cousin, I still remember when Mira had to be absent from casita for two days because of a request in the sewing store and Antonio was so saddened that his animals would look at us threateningly if we tried to approach him.

Those were hard days... my flowers suffered a lot and my cactus almost got blown away after Aunt Pepa almost destroyed part of the house with a hurricane when Antonio refused to let her come near. We were lucky that Mirabel was with abuela and they didn't find out anything, but after that there was an unspoken agreement between everyone that Mira and Antonio should not be separated at least not for a long time.

"Antonio, I propose something" I crouched down to her level.

"Do you have any ideas?" Antonio looked at me.

"If you promise to be patient and help, I'll look for a way to be able to talk to Mira" Abuela looked at me with a frown.

"I promise, besides Mira wouldn't like to see you sad, she would want you to go do lots of things, have fun and play with your friends" Antonio smiled and nodded.

"Yes! I will do many things so I can tell Mira many things" I smiled and gave him a hug.

Antonio left with his jaguar with a big smile, I may not be as close to him as Mira is, but I managed to avoid a crisis with very sensitive animals that depending on Antonio's mood is how they will act.

I saw that the others were looking at me with great relief in their gazes.

"Well now that Isabela has solved a possible problem of angry animals, I need the others to also collaborate, especially your Julieta, I know that Mirabel is very important to you, but, Agustín is her father and he will know how to take good care of her" I wanted to laugh at the look mom was giving dad, but I restrained myself.