Chapter 8: Your family will always be by your side

New chapter :)

I'm with Camilo in Casita seeing how he does the imitations of our family and some people in the village, I finally managed to convince him to leave the imitation of Miss Perfect, more than anything to not feel guilty, since although I did not give her the nickname, I was the one who used it most and now that I know the circumstances I feel guilty to have used that nickname to bother her, but now she is doing everything possible to help me, her and the whole family.

"Mirabel you feel better?" Camilo approached me.

"Yes, I feel a little better, at least I don't feel so tired anymore and your impressions always put me in a good mood" I gave him a cheerful smile.

Camilo celebrated and did a dance that in my opinion was ridiculous but he looked happy so let him celebrate.

"Mirabel, I brought you a tea to warm your body" I looked at the grandmother coming towards me with a tray and three cups of tea in them, grandma sat on one of the chairs, I sat as best I could and camilo sat next to me.

"Mirabel... I'm sorry all this is happening to you" Abuela under her head.

"Abuela, none of this is your fault, I would say it's more my fault since I was the stubborn one who did not want to let go of the candle" Camilo growled.

"It's not your fault, thanks to you it was that we recovered our family, our home and our powers, also not even Abuela could have known that something like this would happen to you, none knew it, no one is guilty here, neither you, nor Abuela, nor I... nobody" Camilo gave me a smile.

"Thank you for being here Camilo..."

"And I will be for the rest of your life so you better get used to it because I will not let Isabela turn you into a second Isabela, nor will I let Toñito take away my title of favorite cousin" Abuela and I laugh.

"Camilo you already lost the battle against your brother I'm afraid, you lost it five years ago and I don't think you're going to win it now" Abuela smiled.

"Abuela, not you too" Camilo was defeated. The fact that we can laugh despite the situation makes me feel better since I don't want anyone to suffer because of what happens to me, it's like Camilo says, nobody is guilty of this.

We finished him tea between laughs and Abuela took the tray and I felt more relaxed, Camilo beside me smiled.

"Hey, if you had my gift, who do you think you'd turn into first?" Meditate for a moment.

"Well your gift is harmless for the most part, the problem is that I can't control it, so I wouldn't know how to tell you, I might become a family member or maybe not, how do you choose?"

"mm at first I needed to concentrate on the appearance of the person, so I had to spend hours learning how they looked, it cost a lot that they were perfect, but when I did, it became natural, now changing my shape is almost like breathing" None of them had it easy, I guess it's not receiving a gift and being an expert on it after all.

"I remember when we were six we used to have sleepovers and you always imitated Isa or Dolores to make me laugh," Camilo smiled.

"Yes, I remember that the first person I did the right imitation was Dolores, then you were and so I progressed until I could transform into a whole Encanto" Camilo opened his arms and became Aunt Pepa.

"I hope Abuela doesn't see you or scold you" Camilo laughed.

"Abuela is not so strict anymore, she owes me for Toñito" I laughed gracefully.

"Hey, you know I love you very much, not that I have a preference for anyone" Camilo made a pot.

"Well, I'd say you give Toñito quite a preference, you even made him a stuffed Jaguar," Camilo folded his arms.