Chapter 3

As the meeting went on, I noticed how Maxon was slowly getting worn down by Coddly's persistent arguing. Every time an advisor would say something Coddly would have a retort and Maxon was getting sick of it. Heck even I was getting sick of it, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and Maxon's hand slowly grabbed mine. I looked up at him from my notebook and saw the clear exhaustion in his eyes from playing referee. Just then Aspen's chair flung back and that drew me back into reality. I saw a flash of movement as Maxon yanked me out of my chair close to him as I heard a swish go past my head. I heard the crash of a coffee cup. I looked up to see shock written across everyone's faces. Aspen was looking Sir Coddly dead in the eyes, and I looked up at Maxon who was looking at me for any sign of injury.

Maxon stood quickly forcing me to do the same. He quickly moved me behind him as he stared down Sir Coddly. "Get out your fired!" Maxon's eyes were hard and became filled with fire when Coddly didn't move Maxon screamed, "I said get out!"

Finally Coddly spoke, but he didn't move. "I wasn't throwing anything at her I was throwing it as Genral Leger."

"Throw anything towards my wife and I'll fire you quicker than you think possible." Maxon turned back around and looked at me, his eyes scanned me up and down. My forehead was bleeding where the object I think a coffee cup scratched me. He lowered his voice to a sheer whisper, "do you need to see a doctor?" The worry was clear in his eyes.

"No. Maxon look at me I'm fine, okay. I am just going to run and get a band-aid."

"Just take the rest of the day off. I'll see you tonight at dinner." Maxon had slowly walked me to the door. Once the door shut I heard the lecture they all knew was coming start. I thought to myself about how much Maxon cared about me.

Current Date: March 15, 2022

Sorry about the late and short update. I'll post another this week