Chapter 4

I woke up to a noise in the hallway. Maxon was immediately up and pulled me closer to him. I saw panic flash in his eyes as he waited. When a knock came at the door his body relaxed as he called for the person to come in.

The guard entered with a bow. "Your Majesty have you seen the Queen?" When the guard saw me, confusion flashed across his face and then relief. "Oh, Your Majesty we have been looking for you for the past hour."

"Is something wrong?" Maxon questioned as he pulled himself up in the bed. I stayed down not wanting to move.

"No, we just thought the Queen was with Prince Osten, but she wasn't, but we have found her now. Goodnight Your Majesties." The guard left and Maxon layed back down. Withing minutes Maxon was back asleep.

It had been three weeks since Sir Coddly came to the palace. He had learned the ropes well and finally understood how Maxon ran the country. He was becoming more respectful to all the women at the palace. Tonight, we will be hosting a dinner party for Maxon's birthday that all the advisors and their wives were invited to. Then of course the party came tomorrow night where we had invited a couple from each province, the advisors, and of course family.

Too soon after I went back to sleep the sun came through the windows and woke me up. I turned to face Maxon who was exhausted. I slowly got up and went to the nursery where Osten was. When I stepped in, I saw that the nanny was already feeding him. I took a seat as she curtsied and went back to feeding him. "How did he do yesterday?"

"Wonderful," she gave me a shy smile. "He did great, he drank the full bottle every time. When does he go back to the doctor?"

"Next week, but Maxon and I are taking him. We are hoping that he is doing better than the last time we went."

"I hope so as well." She started to move toward the closest and I moved to kiss Osten who was back in the crib.

"I am going to go get ready for the day. Send for me if you need anything."

As I crossed the hall back to my room, I noticed that Maxon's butler was walking toward his door. "Hot coffee, Justin?"

"Of course, Your Majesty. What would the King do without?"

"Die," I laughed. "No, if you think he is serious now wait until you see him in the morning without his coffee trying to function."

With that Justin walked away laughing at my remark. I walked into my room and Mary had already laid out my dress and drawn a bath. After my bath I put on my yellow and white sundress with my wedges.

I went down to the dining room and saw Maxon there with all the kids. "Good morning, everyone!" I walked to my seat, the one to the left of Maxon's which is at the head of the table. "Good morning!"

"Good morning, my dear." He sounded exhausted and looked like he didn't get hardly enough sleep last night. "What time are we going to meet at the dining room?"

"We will all get dressed about four thirty and walk down together by five thirty."

"Wonderful."

The staff brought out our plates. We were having buttered pancakes this morning. The twins left soon after that to meet with their tutors. Maxon and I made small talk. When we were done, I prepared myself for a day without seeing Maxon again. I thought about how little time we had started spending together. I would have talk to him about that. "I love you. See you outside the door at five, so we can check on the kids."

He walked over and kissed me on my hairline. "Of course, dear. I love you too."

Tuesday March 29, 2022
Next update Friday

I failed at the update btw today is July 24, 2022 and I will finally be updating tonight.