Chapter 5

Not me actually updating.

I met Maxon in the hallway and he was looking at a report. He was wearing a suit with a forest green tie to match my floor length gown. He had his medals on and his crown as did I. He looked and saw me as my heels clicked on the marble floor. 

“You look beautiful, dear.” He kissed my forehead as we hugged. 

“The twins should be ready. Do you want to go check on them?” Maxon nodded and offered his arm. I gladly took it. 

Only twins would be joining us tonight since this was a military banquet. The other two were still too young to attend such official matters. The twins were at the door ready when we reached their rooms. We made our way  down to the Great Room and stopped at the door as Aspen gave Maxon the rundown of the evening. Aspen was one of the three nominated for the spot of the advising General. Maxon had told me last night that Aspen would be getting the job. The old general even recommended Aspen for the job.

Aspen walked behind the twins as they entered and soon it was Maxon and I’s turn. 

“Now the couple you’ve all been waiting for, His Majesty King Maxon Schreave and his wonderful wife, Her Majesty Queen America Schreave.” Gavril finished and the doors swung open and the whole room broke into applause. Maxon led us to the head table where we faced everybody in the room. Maxon, to his dismay, dropped my arm and walked solo to his seat centered at the table. The twins came up and I ushered them to their seats, Eadlyn would sit to the left of Maxon, I was to his right, as always I was far enough away that he was still centered and sat apart, but close enough he grab my hand if he needed to, and Ahren sat to my right. 

Maxon took his seat and we all followed suit. The butlers and maids brought out dinner and Maxon stood, “ladies and gentlemen I on behalf of my family would like to welcome you into our home. Please enjoy your meal and relax before we get to the awards and promotions. Please dig in!” Maxon sat down and everybody started eating.

About an hour and a half later Maxon stood back up and started the promotions. I tuned him out mostly catching a name here and there, I watched them all come shake Maxon’s hand pose for a picture. I clapped when everybody else clapped. 

“And now for our last promotion. The promotion for advising general. Allow me to introduce to you all General Aspen Ledger.” I clapped and Aspen walked up and shook Maxon’s hand. I could tell he was ecstatic. 

Maxon thanked everyone for coming and that was my cue to stand. Maxon walked in front of me till we reached the end of the table and he offered his arm to me and we walked out together as the twins followed suit. We reached our room and went to sleep quickly preparing for the day ahead.

Sorry for the short update,  but I'm going on vacation so I need to sleep. I am going to be posting a new oneshot series about how to be married to a King so look for that and I'll update soon.