cabin blues 1/5

Jacob's done with Rick. He's never answering another call from him and he's gonna start using his peephole. Jacob knows it's not his fault, but the only way he can get Chresanto back is to make sure that Rick is no longer in the picture.

Jacob's tried calling Chresanto and asking to meet him during text so he can at least explain himself and properly apologize, but Chresanto's obviously ignoring him so he won't repeatedly continue to bother him. Jacob understands that he needs space and time.

As Jacob sits on his couch shuffling through his mail. He was thoroughly surprised to say the least to find a letter from Mrs. August.

He quickly opened it. He doesn't know what he was expecting to find other than a neatly written letter from Mrs. August, but when he saw that's all there was he was thoroughly disappointed.

He unfolded the paper and began reading

Dear Jacob,

Chresanto has told me everything that has happened between the two of you, and I am very disappointed in you. While being so, I still feel as if this is may fault.

I knew that the both of my sons were seeing the same boy and I neglected to tell you to straighten up before everything came crashing down.

I feel like as a 'shipper' of your relationship, I have failed in my duty to keep you together, but I refuse to let you stay apart for long.

That being said, you are invited to our thanksgiving dinner. I want you to come to stay with us for the week while we're at our cabin. DON'T BRING ANYONE! It'll be me, my husband, you and Chresanto, the perfect group. Rick won't be there as he's having dinner with his father this thanksgiving.

I look forward to seeing you there. If not, then I will be a very very sad mother.

Hope to see you soon,

Dianna August

Jacob wasn't going. He wasn't going to go. He's sure that Chresanto would hate him three thousand times more if he showed up. So, for the sake of another chance, Jacob tossed the letter into the trash.

He laid all the rest of his mail onto the table and got up to go to the kitchen. There were some sea salt chips opened on the counter and Jacob decided e would have those and lay on the couch and watch an old movie on Netflix.

Once he was situated with his blanket, Jacob noticed that 'A Different World' was available so he clicked on it and started watching the first episode.

He was about three and a half episodes in before someone was knocking on the door.

He groaned as he put his chips aside and took the blanket off of him and then got up to answer the door.

"You didn't think I was stupid, did you Jacob?"

Mrs. August strutted into the apartment in her tall heels.

She went straight for the trashcan and pulled out the letter that Jacob had discarded.

"How did you..?"

"I know things, Jacob. And I also know that you are coming with me to the cabin." She smiled as she grabbed his arm and pulled him. "I don't want to go."

Mrs. August laughed, "You love Chresanto and I'm going to get you back together."

"This isn't the way, he's not going to want to see me."Jacob frowned tugging his arm away from her. "Jacob. There's only one way to know that. You have to come."

Jacob sighed, "I don't even have a bag packed or anything."

"That's what money is for. Now get your phone and let's go."

...

Shopping with Mrs. August is on his list of things to never do again. She only gets what she wants you to have and his and her style are completely different. So, now Jacob's standing in front of the Cabin doors with this girly white collared shirt with a blue sweater over it and a pair of light washed super skinny jeans and white converse.

Mostly all of the outfits looked like this. All of the outfits looked like this.

Jacob knew for a fact that once he got home none of these outfits would ever see a day out of his closet.

Okay so maybe that was a lie because he looks great in this, but it's not his style.

Mrs. August unlocked the cabin door and led the both of us inside.

"Chresanto isn't here. He'll be here soon though. Go unpack in the third room on the right and then come back down, I'll have some tea ready."

Jacob nodded and pulled the new navy blue suitcase behind him and down the hall to his room.

It was beautiful the bed had a wood frame on it and beautiful blue and white comforter with matching pillow cases.

Jacob quickly started to put his clothing away into the provided dressers. He looked out of the huge window.

"This will be a good week. I will have fun."

Jacob sighed happily as he smoothed out his sweat and then walked out of his room after turning the light off and closing the door and then down the hall to the kitchen where Mrs. August was.

She had a kettle on the stove and was scrolling through her phone. "Oh, goody. Chresanto is pulling up now."

She was quickly on her way to the door and with the large windows everywhere, Jacob could see Chresanto pull into the driveway in a white car.

He got out of the car and hugged his mother first before going to his trunk and pulling out two suitcases.

Chresanto shut the trunk and locked the car before rolling his luggage up the walkway and into the house. Jacob straightened his clothes out as he heard the door close.

He was smiling as he entered, but his smile swiftly turned sour.

"Why is he here?"

Jacob looked down. He shouldn't have come.