Cabin blues. 4

"Go wake Jacob up for breakfasts," Mrs. August said as she finished the scrambled eggs. Chresanto groaned before walking down the hall to Jacob's door.

He knocked on the door and called Jacob's name.

After Jacob didn't respond, he took it upon himself to go inside and wake him up, only Jacob wasn't there.

There was a note on the bed:

"I went up the mountain. I needed to get out to think for a while. Don't come for me.

I'm going home later, I'm sorry."

Chresanto wasn't sure if he was supposed to be happy that Jacob was leaving or to be worried. How was he supposed to leave?

Chresanto checked the dressers and saw they were all empty. He ran back out of the room and into the kitchen.

" He left. He's gone." Chesanto said as he held up the note.

"He doesn't know where he is, we need to find him. What if he got kidnapped or something who knows how long he's been gone." Mrs August was rushing around pulling in her coat and grabbing her keys and stuff.

"This is all my fault." Chresanto whispers to himself as he prays to God that Jacob is okay.

...

Jacob stands on a ledge on the mountain. "Let it out." He repeats the words Rayan said to him before he came up.

Jacob looks down before looking out over the edge as tears start to well up in his eyes.

"I don't think I've cried more than I have this week." Jacob spoke.

"I guess this is what I get for being an asshole to my parents," he shakily laughed. "Mom!" He yelled out. "Dad! I'm sorry! I'm gonna come home and I'll go to college and I'll make you guys proud. I won't make you cry again mom."

Jacob sniffled and wiped his face as he spoke again, "I'm not a whore! Fuck you Chresanto! You're such an asshole. I tried so hard to get you to forgive me. I'm done trying. I'm moving out of New York so I never have to see your stupid face again. I hate you. I fucking hate you so much."

"Take it back," Chresanto said finally making his presence known.

Jacob tried catching his breath as he turned around, "what?"

"You heard me. Take it back. You said you hate me," Chresanto repeated.

"Fuck you, asshole." Jacob sneered as he turned to walk away, but Chresanto pulled him against his chest.

"Stay with me. Don't leave New York. Stay." Chresanto whispered.

Jacob clenched his jaw as he pulled away from Chresanto. "You're insane. What the fuck is wrong with you? You were just calling me a whore yesterday and now you're telling me not to leave you? Fuck you, Chresanto." Jacob spat before walking away.

"I'm sorry."

Jacob scoffed as he stopped and turned around. "It's funny. I was just asking for your forgiveness and you wouldn't even give me the time of day. How does it feel now that the tables have turned?"

"What do you want me to say?" Chresanto yelled.

"Don't say anything. Just leave me alone, please." Jacob shook his head as he turned around to walk away.

...

"Jacob?" Mrs. August called out once the door had opened. Instead she was met with a dazed Chresanto. "Where's Jacob?"

"He's gone." Chresanto mumbled as he walked past both of his parents. Mrs. August threw her hands up and sighed.

"What do you mean? Gone?"

"I don't know. I don't care anymore." Chresanto sighed and walked to his room and slammed the door.

Mrs. August sighed and quickly wrapped herself up into her husband.

...

"How was it up there?" Rayan asked Jacob once he's down.

Jacob wipes his eyes and gives Rayan a small smile.

"I'm going back to California."

And that is the last part of cabin blues.