10 Things I Hate about The Hetalia Fandom

1. My biggest pet peeve in this fandom is ship bashing. I understand that was all ship different things. I ship some canon stuff and I ship some odd stuff nobody else ships. It's what we think is cute. But when you claim a country as "yours" and then bash the most common ship they are in because that specific character has been dubbed "yours", that's taking it a bit too far. Example: On my Kik, I was talking to two of my friends and they kept calling Norway and Denmark "theirs", so now they want to end DenNor. That's a little obsessive, is it not? Now I'm not saying I don't have characters I claim as "mine" but when I do, I do it in a joking way. But when somebody bashes one of my ships, of course Imma get protective cuz that's what I believe in.

2. Half-assed cosplays. If you're going to cosplay something, try your best to make your cosplay look like the character. If you already have the same color hair and eyes and stuff, don't get wigs or contacts. If your hair is a different color, please get a wig. The eyes don't matter as much, but if you want to get contacts, you can. Then, there's the outfit itself. Actually make your outfit look like something the character has worn. Example: For a Canada cosplay, don't just throw on a red sweatshirt with a maple leaf and the word 'Canada' on it. I get that there are money problems and stuff, but still. At least try to make Canada's jacket-pilot-thingy...(Also, if you can get the accent of the character with it, even better!)

3. Half-assed fanfics. My biggest pet peeve anywhere in general is grammar and spelling mistakes. PLEASE!!! If you're writing a fanfic, go back over it once or twice to make sure you have all your conventions(capitalization, spelling, punctuation and general grammar). And the plot. Make it interesting. Find ways that work for you to get inspiration. Example: Sometimes my friends will say something and an idea will pop into my head that is based around whatever they said. This works the best for me. I also listen to music that relates to that fanfic as I'm writing so I don't loose the plot so easily.

4. Bad stereotypes revolving around certain characters. You all know what I mean when I say this and I'm pretty sure those with a heart who can actually take things seriously agree. Example: I get so mad every time someone calls France a rapist or Spain a pedophile. You have no proof, they're fictional characters. France has always been portrayed as the country of love. That doesn't mean France is all creepy like that and stuff. Spain was given Romano by Austria. That doesn't mean he's a pedo just because he likes little kids. They're cute! Annoying and germy, but cute!

5. Character/Group/Ship theme songs. Music is cool. I love it! But when you try to give theme songs to characters or groups or ships, don't make them ones from cartoons or movies or just because they mention/reference a certain country or their personality, pick a literal song. Example: I was watching a character theme song video and they had I'll Make A Man Out Of You as Germany's song. Really? You can't come up with anything better? And China's was Kung Fu Fighting. And Finland's was Santa Baby. You know, that could actually be really racist, labeling people by songs such as those. Or American Idiot for America. Now that one I understand cuz America is really dumb as both a country and a character, but come on...(although, they had Pokerface for Sweden and I found that very amusing)

6. Annoying roleplayers. Sometimes, roleplayers really get on my nerves. I am one myself but that's because I'm a good actress. I'm also a writer. If you're going to RP, be able to act as that character. Maybe that's just your normal personality. That's cool. Or maybe you're a good actor/actress. Also cool. But if you want to roleplay a character but you can't act the personality at least somewhat, then pick a new character or learn some roleplaying skills. Example: I cosplay 2p!Fem!Norway(wasn't my choice to be the fem version. both my friends wanted to because we cosplay the 2p!magic trio...) and I roleplay 2p!Norway. A lot of times, my personality is like Prussia so I roleplay Fem!Prussia.

7. The overuse of Japanese words and honorifics. It's annoying. I'm not trying to call anyone a weaboo or anything, but it really does get annoying and old if you don't know how to use them right. I almost never use honorifics and I have never used any Japanese words except 'baka' and 'kawaii' and 'arigatō' because I know what they mean and how to put them in the right context. I've also only ever used '-chan' and '-san' in my writing. I try not to overuse them. Example: YouTube comments are really big with this. A lot of people will go post a comment and it will be something like: "Oh my gosh! This video is so kawaii! I love how kawaii Chibitalia-chan and Roma-chan are! But why did you put Cuba in it? He's such a baka! But other than that, everything is good. And Doitsu-san was adorable at 2:47 with Prussia-san! Lol, senpai has noticed me!" And I'm like: "SHUT UP!" I know y'all agree with this.

8. Little to no knowledge about the characters. This is just annoying because I refer to a lot of the countries by their human names instead of their country names because I find it a lot easier. I know all of their first names and most of their last names. This goes for named 2p!, Nyotalia and 2p!Nyotalia characters as well. Hell yeah, I do my research(Characters with no official names are obviously an exception). Also, make sure you know what each character looks like as well as their personality. Trust me, it will help you roleplay and cosplay! Example: Look into this stuff. Actually take some time to find out about their attributes.

9. Little to no knowledge about the show itself. This is pretty much just knowing the references. Example: I mean, we all know the infamous, "PASTAAAAAA!" and the, "I'm the hero!" but still know more of the quotes we as Hetalians use every day such as, "I got a shield mothahfuckahhh!!" and "I once killed a man with his own mustache and a grape," and "VODKAAAAA!" And be sure to note some of the countries verbal ticks as well as special laughs, symbols, words or actions they are related to or connected with.

10. Bashing other fandoms. I don't see this too often myself but it's true for every fandom I'm in. I mean, I do get a little feisty when it comes to Harry Potter vs. Twilight but that's it. I accept the fandoms my friends as family are in even if I don't like them. Example: First off, let me just say that Homestuck is seriously Hetalia's overprotective boyfriend. Anyway, fandom bashing is just plain mean!! We all have different interests but sometimes you have to leave it alone. A lot of people at school judge my friend and I because we watch anime. A lot of people judge me for listening to strange bands that people my age have never heard of. I brush it off most of the time but it really is offensive! Please think about what you're saying about another fandom before you say it.

And that concludes the longest rant I have ever written. Thank you. Good day.