ladley

"you know you'd always be my first choice"

bradley sat, frown on her face, her head propped on her hand as she stared out the window.
she heard her girlfriend walk in behind her a few minutes ago but she's being stubborn and is trying to focus all of her attention on the rain running down the glass.
she feels laura's hand on her shoulder but doesn't so much as tense under the feeling.
"bradley" she hears her name quietly and calmly.
that monotonous tone that could be so calming and yet threatening at the same time.
"bradley" her name was repeated again, however she was hell bent on staring out that window.
"look i'm sorry ok...you need to understand that-"
"oh yes please explain to me what i'm not understanding" bradley lashed out, finally giving up on her quiet un-phased strategy as she looked up into laura's piercing green eyes.
"we've known each other for so long i-"
"so?"
"let me finish please" there it was again. the monotonous tone from laura.
bradley literally bit her tongue as she let laura continue her excuses.
"brad look at me" she said it so softly, the younger woman had no choice but to look back up at her.
"me and maggie go way back...before you even became a journalist way back" laura smirked slightly.
she loved using their age gap in conversations wherever she could, it made her feel more confident, even though laura was well aware bradley had enough knowledge and quick-wit to show her up in any conversation.
"i'm sorry i have to take her to this luncheon, but she's not going as my date. you know that right?"
bradley huffed before nodding reluctantly.
"people are used to seeing us go to these things together, remember this was a mutual decision we made" the decision laura is referring to is of course her and bradley deciding they didn't want to go public with their relationship just yet.
they were enjoying their anonymity and sneakily running around too much.
"but bradley" laura placed her hand gently under the blonde woman's chin, tilting it to she was forced to look into her eyes properly.
"you know you'd always be my first choice if...if we weren't a secret"
bradley's eyes stung slightly as she closed them, nodding her head in tiny movements.
laura bent down, letting her lips catch bradley's.
she knew bradley was sensitive when it came to laura and anyone other than herself, but she wouldn't have it any other way...

you give me a sentence and a TMS ship, and i write a mini story including it :)