alexmaggielaura

"laura has forgotten their anniversary"

alex was too busy looking down, buttoning her blouse, that at first she didn't notice the other person in maggies living room.
"hey babe have you seen my-" she stopped suddenly, "oh..."
the two women turned around to look at her as she stood in the doorway looking very confused.
"hi...i-i didn't know you were here"
"what are you looking for?" maggie asked calmly, looking around the taller woman's shoulder.
"oh yeah- my black jimmy choo heels. i thought they were in the closet but i can't find them"
"they're under the stairs on the bottom shelf" maggie smiled.
"thankyou...is err- is everything ok here?" alex asked, her nosiness getting the better of her.
she couldn't help notice how laura had looked as if she'd just stopped pacing when she entered the room, and that the entire time she'd been in the room, the taller woman had not stopped nervously biting her nail.
"yes we-" maggie started to which laura gave her a warning look, the older woman just shrugged apologetically before looking back to her wife, "laura has forgotten their anniversary"
"ohhhh" alex murmered, her eyes widening.
"maggie this isn't funny please help me out"
"i didn't laugh" maggie replied calmly.
"is it today?" alex chimed in, now properly joining their conversation.
"do i really need both of you in on this? the last thing we need is bradley finding out" laura groaned as she sat down on their sofa, putting her head in her hands.
"fine, have fun trying to get bradley to forgive you" alex smirked sneakily as she turned to leave the room.
maggie watched her leave, knowing very well alexs tactics at getting people to need her.
"alex wait you can't leave you have to help me" laura finally said out of desperation.
maggie smiled almost proudly at her wife's wide smile, as she turned back around.
"i've got time to go out now before i need to be at this fucking dinner that corey has arranged, i'll stop and get something on my way but you'll have to wait until i get back before i can give it to you"
"ugh you're a lifesaver alex" laura groaned, standing up and hugging alex tightly.
alex tried not to giggle as she saw over laura's shoulder, maggie wink at her.
"right i need to go, you owe me one peterson" alex called as she left the room hastily.
once she'd put her heels and coat on she said goodbye to maggie at the door with a swift kiss and left the house.
"you're lucky she actually cares about romantic shit like anniversaries" maggie smirked as she walked back into the living room, happy to see laura starting to relax a little.
laura just nodded in agreement as she leaned her head back on the cushion, feeling the last of the panic leaving her mind and body.
"bradley can't ever know i almost forgot"
"you did forget...we just fixed it in time"
maggie laughed loudly as laura looked over at her with an annoyed expression.

alex stepped out of her car and hurried into the store. she browsed briefly, already knowing what she thought bradley would like ; she picked out a gold chain bracelet with a matching ring.
she payed quickly and left with the small bag, letting her driver take her over to corey's.
leaving the bag in the car under the seat she rushed into the building, knowing she was late as she willed the elevator to hurry up.
"heyyy so you did decide to show up" he grinned that sickeningly big smile as he opened his arms to which alex reluctantly stepped into for a brief second.
"no maggie?" corey asked looking questioningly behind alex as he shut the door.
"no she's got an article to finish for tomorrow, but she sends her apologies and well wishes" alex faked disappointment along with corey as she tried not to roll her eyes.

the dinner went slower than she thought possible as she watched the clock, wanting more than anything just to be home, snuggled up with her wife.
finally she reached the time she knew was acceptable for her to make an escape.

"mags?" alex called as she entered the house.
it was getting close to midnight but she knew the brunette would still be awake, waiting for her.
"in here" maggie called back from the living room.
"hi" alex sighed, showing her exhaustion from having to entertain corey's huge ego all evening, as she crashed clumsily on the seat next to her wife, welcoming the warm embrace.
"i believe you have something for me" hearing laura's voice was the first time alex realised laura was even in the room. she'd been so tired she hadn't even taken in the whole room, just the soft silk pyjamas now resting beside her.
"yes, this is what i got" alex lifted up the white gift bag with gold details.
"thankyou so much al, i'm sure you'll find a way for me to repay you very soon" laura chuckled "but really...thankyou"
"it's fine" alex waved laura's suprising genuineness away.
"now go buy some flowers and head back to your own home laura" maggie smirked, her fingers lightly grazing through alexs golden tresses.

the two women curled up on the sofa left laura to see her own way out as they both relaxed.
alex's eyes closing as she felt the older woman place a soft kiss to the top of her head.

you give me a sentence and a TMS ship, and i write a mini story including it :)