maggiealex

"i've got you. breathe. i've got you"

there was the gasp, a yelp, and then a thud with a sickening crack that split through the air.
maggie jumped up, rushing to the top of the stairs as she heard the younger woman start to cry out in pain.
"what happened?" the brunette asked as she raced down the steps to the bottom where alex was sat against the wall, clutching her ankle.
"i fucking missed a step"
maggie could tell she was trying so hard to be strong and not show how much pain she was in, but the tears starting to streak down her cheeks were telling enough.
"alex let me look at your foot" maggie said calmly as alex lent her head back against the wall, sniffling. she moved her hands away and placed them on the floor beside her to help support herself as she started to slide on the shiny oak floors.
maggie tried to hold her gasp in as she saw the younger woman's bone twisting the wrong way.
"alex you have to go to the ER"
"what?!" alex looked at her girlfriend scared.
"no no it's just a sprain it's-"
maggie gently slid her hand underneath alexs ankle to try and lift it but stopped suddenly at the blood curdling scream alex let out, right down her ear.
"ow ow ow fucking hell maggie!!"
"alexandra it's broken, either i'll take you myself or ring an ambulance. which would you prefer?"
alex's eyes closed as she let herself cry freely, not even caring how she looked.
her hair was a mess from the night before, her makeup smudging even more, her clothes only half on her body as she had rushed to get changed in the early hours of the morning; getting ready to sneak out of maggies apartment as usual.
"you take me" she whimpered, looking back into the hazel eyes.
maggie nodded.
she placed her arm under alexs and luckily with the suprising strength she had, lifted the smaller woman off the floor, letting alex lean all her weight on her.
alex continued to cry softly as maggie murmured "i've got you. breathe, it's ok. i've got you" into her ear softly.
maggie walked slowly, her hand on alexs waist as alexs arm leant heavily over her shoulders.
she guided alex into the living room and slowly helped her sit down on the sofa.
"i'm gonna get changed quickly, then we'll go" she smiled softly before leaving the room.
when she returned a mere 2 minutes later, she noticed alex had tried to flatten her hair down, wipe some of her smudged makeup away, and had readjusted her clothes so they were on correctly.
once again alex lent her full weight on her girlfriend as she limped out the back of maggies apartment, straight into the mini garage where maggie kept her old VW.
it was slightly more difficult to get alex into the car as she opened the door and let alex sit down sideways before swinging her legs into the vehicle, uttering a string of curse words.
maggie barely drove herself anymore and held her breath as she turned the key in the ignition, grateful to hear it chug into life.

"do you remember the first time we were in this car?" maggie asked after a few minutes of silence, filled only with alex's ragged breathe.
"hmm? y-yeah it was..." maggie glanced sideways to see alexs pale face resting back, eyes closed.
"it was that summer in '97" maggie started, she was trying to take alexs mind off the pain.
"we had only been sleeping together for a few months, and laura suggested we all go to Montauk for the weekend" maggie chanced another look at alex to see a slight smile on her lips as she remembers.
"and we went in two cars, they all piled in laura's jeep...and it was just you and me in here"
alex hummed as she remembered more.
"if i recall correctly you said that was the dream you'd had since you were a teenager"
she has to stifle her laugh as alex tutted loudly.
"your dream to be sat in a cute vintage car, driving to the beach for the weekend with the people you loved..." the silence was heavy but not uncomfortable.
when maggie looked over at the blonde again, the blonde was staring back at her, smiling softly.
"who would've known we'd make it back to each other 2 decades later" maggie smiled as she lifted alexs hand up, placing a soft kiss on her knuckles just as they pulled up to the ER.

you give me a sentence and a TMS ship, and i write a mini story including it :)

TMS drabblesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara