Ch. 4

Brian moved closer towards the entrance of the cave to try to get a closer look at the outside world.

It was still raining, but to our surprise, he called us outside.

We followed him out to find Brian standing by a cute little gray rabbit with a grin planted on his face.

"Hehe," he chuckled and pointed, "it was just this stupid fuck." He carelessly shoved the rabbit away with his foot.

"Why'd you do that?" I widen my eyes and went to check on the poor animal.

"Yeah, dude, what the fuck?" Zacky furrowed his eyebrows.

Brian shrugged and shuffled his feet.

I observed him. It was as if he was trying to be cool and act like some show off but now he knew he just made himself look like an asshole and a half.

"He's okay," I said as the bunny let me stroke his soft, but wet, ears before he hopped away.

"Come on." Matt said as he led the pack towards the exit/entrance of the woods.

They all started to follow the boy as he turned around.

"You coming?" He asked.

I stood for a moment before I followed him and the group.

---------

We walked in the pouring pounding rain for a good fifteen minutes or so.

I was stuck listening to the guys talk about the homework they weren't doing and the girls they tried to hook up with and what kind of beer they wanted to drink later.

Oh.

My ears cried until we walked up the driveway to a house I wasn't familiar with.

Matt opened the garage door and we entered quickly.

I was amazed, really.

The amount of equipment they had set up.

I looked over and saw the stolen microphones sitting on the top of a big speaker.

"So," Brian sighed heavily as him, Jimmy, and Zacky plopped down on the couch, "welcome to our hangout."

"It's pretty cool." I said as I tried to not shiver.

I was freezing but I didn't want to ask for a towel.

"Dude, go get us some towels." Jimmy spoke up as Matt left the garage.

Bless you, Jimmy.

"I thought I was the only cold one." I grinned slightly as I sat down on a swivel chair.

"You are the only cold one," he said, "but we're all still soaked."

I bit my bottom lip.

Wow, good job, Talia.

Matt came back with different towels of white and I immediately warmed up.

I thanked Matt and eventually the band started to prepare for their little concert they were going to preform for me.

Brian grabbed the first guitar, Zacky grabbed the second, Jimmy sat on his drum set, and Matt stood behind the microphone.

"Dude, we need a fucking bassist."

"I know," Matt huffed in frustration, "I know, I'll ask that short kid tomorrow, doesn't he play?"

"Who?"

"That Johnny kid." Zacky replied to Brian as he finished tuning his guitar.

"Alright," Matt smiled at me, "you ready to listen to us live before you listen to the demo?"

I nodded and smiled back.

His smile made me blush.

But I didn't want to.

Maybe.

I dont know.

They started playing and Matt started screaming.

I was blown away at how much power they all had.

But their power wasn't even that bad, in my opinion.

I got goosebumps up my arms and neck when good climax parts of the songs would play.

When they finished I stood and grinned.

"That was....fucking amazing." I said as they proudly smirked.

"Thanks," they said, "let me know what you think of the demo." Matt said.

"Especially song number four." Brian added as he put his guitar back on the stand.

"Yeah," Matt nodded.

It was then I thanked the guys for letting me hang out for a bit until the rain stopped.

Then I went home and listened to the demo immediately.

-----------

The next day at school, I went to sit outside on the bench for my lunch.

I was in the middle of eating a bright red apple when two figures stood in front of me.

"What are you doing here?"

I looked up and saw Brian and Jimmy blinking down at me.

"Eating. What are you doing?"

"Getting you. Come on." Brian said as Jimmy grabbed my arm and I stood up.

"What do you need?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

They ignored me and we entered the building.

We walked all the way to the other side of the school by the gym under the staircase.

"What are you doing?" I asked again but more angrier as they stood in front of me.

"How did you like the demo?" Brian asked.

"It was really good," I replied truthfully, "and I loved song number four." I said as they smirked at each other.

"Good."

"Cause we've got a favor to ask of you." Jimmy said.

"Which is?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Dude!" I heard Matt's voice raise from down the hall.

The three of us looked over and saw Matt and Zacky walking over with a short kid with brown hair.

"We finally found him," Zacky said, "hi, Talia." He added as I waved.

"Why can't you just let me eat?" The short kid asked.

"Why can't you just shut the fuck up?" Brian asked casually as he obeyed.

"You play bass?" Jimmy asked as he nodded.

"We need a bassist-"

"Forget it dude. NO WAY am I working with you guys, I-"

"Dude, we've got a demo tape. We might be able to get a record deal too."

"Wait so you're using him?" I asked as they looked at me.

"No," Jimmy said.

"We're offering BOTH of you a deal." Brian said.

"Both of us?"

"Did you like the fourth song?" Matt asked me as I nodded.

"Good." He grinned.

"Both of you meet us in the cafeteria after school." Matt said.

"No, I-"

"It's cool, man." I said to the short kid as he looked at me.

"We'll see you two later." Jimmy smiled as the group started to walk off.

"Oh, by the way," Matt turned around and walked towards me, "Dont think I didn't see you shivering yesterday." He smirked and nudged me playfully and walked with his friends.

Okay, now I HAD to go meet them.