Ch. 10

We finally arrived at the after-party.

It was crowded too.

I was immediately greeted from unfamiliar faces that I supposedly once knew.

"What?" A tall-ish guy asked me with a grin in pure shock, "how do you not remember me?"

"Um..I just don't, sorry." I smiled faintly, remembering the image I witnessed earlier.

"Hey," Brian walked up from behind, "is there a problem?"

"No," the guy shook his head, "she just doesn't remember me." He chuckled.

"...even I don't know who you are." Brian blinked as he guided me away from the stranger that made me exceedingly uncomfortable.

"Who was that?" I looked back.

"Like I just said, I don't even know who he was. Just stay away from him." He said a he took a swig of his beer.

I blinked up at Brian.

Why wasn't he with his friends?

Why wasn't he socializing?

Why was he by me?

He was always the least close to me out of all of the guys.

But now he's...changed.

"What?" He asked as I noticed he had been watching me stare at him weirdly.

"Oh," I shook my head with flustered cheeks, "sorry, nothing."

"So," I started conversation, "is..is Matt-"

"Dating Val? Last time I heard, he wasn't. But who knows with those two." He sighed.

As if fate slapped us, Matt approached us.

"Hey," he said as if he was relieved he found us, "why aren't you talking to me?" He asked me upfront.

I hugged myself as Brian wrapped an arm around me.

"She's fine, man," he said cooly, "you just go spend time with her." Brian smiled.

"Who?"

"Val." Brian furrowed his eyebrows.

"V-" Matt realized the situation and rubbed his face with a groan.

"It's alright Shadz, I'll hang with Ta-"

"Come here," Matt grabbed my wrist and started to pull me.

I looked back at Brian but he gave me an "it's alright" nod.

Matt took me to a corner.

"What you saw-"

"It's okay if you have a girlfriend, Matt, I'm not affected by it." I shrugged casually.

"Lies," he said as I blinked, "if it wasn't affecting you then why have you been ignoring me since?"

I paused.

"Listen, she's our manager. Nothing more but a friend and manager. And that kiss you saw? It was a stupid one time thing, and I'm not going to do it again."

"Yeah, okay." I laughed and started to walk back but he stopped me.

"Talia," he said, "why don't you see it?"

"See what?"

"My feelings."

"Feelings? What feelings?"

"These feelings, dammit." He said before he smacked his lips onto mine.

I was in shock.

The guy I've been in love with since high school just kissed me.