13 - The Study Session

On the other side of the school stood Hiro in front of the Student Council Room. Slowly opening the door, he was greeted to the sight of Mei and Mika piled with work.

"Uhh...what's going on here...?" Hiro asked.

~~ April 12, 2014 ~~
~ Uddoforu Academy~
~~
~

"Himitsu! You came just in time!" Mika cried out, jumping to her feet and attaching herself onto Hiro. Hiro froze in surprise as she pushed up against him.

"Get off him!" Mei growled, grabbing Mika and pulling her off. She looked over to Hiro, sighing. "Sorry about her. We have quite a lot of work because of next week."

"What's next week?" Hiro wondered.

Mika and Mei looked at him with confusion. "Y-you don't know?" Gasped Mika.

"Next week is our School Festival." Mei stated.

"A School Festival? This early?" Asked Hiro in surprise.

"Yes." Mei nodded. "Starting last year, we have one at the beginning of the year to better relations between classmates and classes. We also have one at the end."

"It was my idea!" Mika proudly puffed her chest out.

"Though my sister's whole motive was just to have more fun..." Mei sighed.

"Well, what's wrong with having fun?" Hiro suggested.

"Exactly!" Mika grinned. She wrapped an arm around Hiro's neck. "He agrees with me."

"Do not fall to her whims." Mei stated, sending an irritated glare towards her sister. 'Why does this bother me so much?'

"Anyways, it's next Friday on the 19th." Mika stated. "And we need to get early preparations done, so the students can work for the week before."

"If you don't mind, we would appreciate the help." Mei politely asked.

"Of course. After all, I am a part of the Student Council." Hiro replied, pushing up his glasses. "Let's get to work."

They worked for a good hour, allocating budgets and deciding what they needed to get for the fair.

"That's almost everything for today." Mika stated, pushing the papers into a neat pile. "All we have left is to buy the materials for the students."

Mika looked over to Hiro. "All right, how about you and I go to the Mall tomorrow?"

"And what about me?" Asked Mei, suddenly annoyed, despite having been perfectly fine for the past hour once they had gotten to work.

"I didn't think you'd enjoy it. Though I'm sure Hiro would have fun going with me." Mika smirked, winking at Hiro.

"Sure...I guess?" Hiro added.

"I'll have plenty of fun." Mei said with gritted teeth. "Now give me that list. I'll go with Hiro tonight.

"Fine, if you insist." Mika sighed, handing over the list. However, inwardly she was celebrating. 'Score! Got the two on a date!'

"You're dismissed now Hiro." Mika stated. "Good work. Have a nice night."

"You too." Hiro nodded, before looking over to Mei. "What time tomorrow?"

"Does 1:00 work?" Mei suggested.

"Yeah." Hiro nodded.

"Alright. See you there then." Mei replied as Hiro walked out. As he exited the room, she slowly brought a hand up to her beating heart.