32 - The Business

"I hate that I'm actually working with you." The woman crossed her arms, tiredly looking at Yanemi, who was sat behind the desk.

"But you'd rather work for me." Yanemi smiled.

"With you. With." The woman replied, sitting in the chair in front of Yanemi's desk. "Once she's out of the picture, then we'll be enemies again."

"Fair enough." Yanemi shrugged. "Neither of us want to give him up, especially since he's still alive." She twirled a pencil between her fingers.

"So why don't you just do it yourself?" The woman then asked.

"I'm the CEO's daughter. If I got found out, then there would be much worse consequences than if you were to get found out. Besides, I'm not the best at stealth." Yanemi stated.

"You're twisted." The woman sighed.

"Aren't we all?" Yanemi grinned.

"Don't make me regret that deal we made five years ago." The woman shook her head, rubbing her temples as she stood up and walked to the door.

She placed her hand on the doorknob, before turning around and giving Yanemi one final word.

"He will be mine." She stated. "No matter what."

And then she left.

~~ May 3, 2019 ~~
~ Giyo Enterprises Headquarters ~
~~
~

Yanemi smiled as the door closed, before it quickly went away. She let out her own sigh, rubbing her forehead. God, she could be a pain to deal with. They had a very shaky agreement, only held up by one truth.

Yanemi turned around, looking out the window of her office at the city below, lit up in the night by the hundreds of lights from windows. It was truly a beautiful sight.

How she wished that he could be here to witness this with her. But with those events from five years ago, he broke. Her actions then didn't help.

But she could make it all better. She could fix what had happened. Things would never be the same, but she could make them happy. She could give him everything he could ever want.

She exited her office, and instead of taking a right to the elevator, she took a left which led her to where she and her daughter lived.

She entered the code into the keypad, opening the door and then shutting it behind her. She walked through their spacious lounge, stopping at the door to her daughter's bedroom. She creaked the door slightly open, checking to make sure that her girl was actually in bed and sleeping.

She could see a lump under the covers, and messy golden hair peeking from under the top of the blanket. Yanemi gave a soft smile, before closing the door and heading towards her own bedroom.

She entered the room, heading straight for her closet and opening it. Entering the large closet, she immediately pushed the hanging clothes out of the way, revealing a secret door behind them. Inputting a different code allowed her to open this door and enter.

Upon entering, the dark room was quickly illuminated by automatic lights from the ceiling as the door behind her shut. Many different guns and weapons came into view, hung up on two walls above cabinets. The third wall was completely bare, except for a singular poster. Yanemi walked over to one of the cabinets, pulling a drawer out to reveal a bunch of knives.

She picked up multiple, walking back to the middle of the room and facing the singular poster hanging on the blank wall. On it was a picture of Mei Meishu.

Yanemi threw a knife, piercing straight through the forehead of Mei. Another knife took an eye, and the third covered the other one. A fourth knife took the mouth while the fifth took the nose. The sixth and seventh took the ears.

How dare that vixen steal Hiro right from under her nose! She knew there was a possibility that she could fall for Hiro due to how perfect he was, but she didn't expect her to make such a sudden and brash move.

One that cost Yanemi five years with her love.

Yanemi's fists tightened at the thought. She should've known the moment that one of the two girls had fallen for him the moment he was allowed to stay in their house.

Yanemi would make her pay for that. Five whole years...she'd make sure that Mei didn't live a year longer as compensation.

Yanemi sighed to herself, relaxing her fists and exiting her secret armory. At least Mei wasn't as bad as that bitch Konami. The two of them could've possibly been great adversaries; imagine how powerful it'd be if the daughters of the two biggest company CEO's worked together?

But Konami made some irreversible decisions which made that impossible now. Konami was number one on her hit list, and hopefully she could take care of that bitch.

If not, then she'd have to do it herself. But sending that woman in first was more useful. If she succeeded, it was a win. If not, then hopefully Yanemi could learn something about the failure for her own attempt.

She placed an auto-transmitting microphone and camera which would play back everything, and Yanemi's equipment here automatically recorded it.

Now she just had to wait for the strike.

Her stomach suddenly grumbled, making apparent the hunger which she had tried to distract herself from for the last couple of hours.

Yanemi grumpily frowned to herself as she walked out of her room and to the kitchen of the living space. From the pantry she grabbed a snack she got from a convenience store.

Commoner food. She didn't have it often. Maybe that's why she loved it.

She started to eat it, slowly chewing it all up. As she continued to eat she got slower, and slower, until she finally stopped with a third left. She threw the final third away in a trashcan and headed to the bathroom.

Entering the bathroom, she opened the door and locked it behind her. No chances. She couldn't let her daughter see her like this.

She looked at herself in the mirror. She looked really good. Thin, with curves, and moderate assets. She was a catch in every form. Other than being slightly pale.

And yet Hiro still never accepted her. She wasn't perfect enough to be with the perfect man.

But she'd make sure she was, no matter what. She had to be with the man she had fallen so desperately in love with.

Even if that meant doing whatever it took.

Her eyes drifted to the toilet. She walked over and pulled the seat up, but instead of sitting down she squatted in front of it, head staring into the water in the bowl.

. . .

Konami stood in her office, gazing out of the window. She pulled her phone out, quickly dialing a number and bringing the device to her ear.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

She listened to the response, a small smirk growing onto her face as she continued to listen. "Good." She stated. "Tomorrow."

She hung up the phone, her grin becoming wide as she giggled to herself. If one could see her now, they'd know with one glance that she was insane.

"Oh, silly Hiro." She laughed. "You can't run from me. I know everything."