CHAPTER THREE

MADDY:

"Shit Sam I'm-"

"It's Bam" He corrected me politely. Maybe too polite for a man with such a skater boy attitude and tattoos.

"Sorry Bam, I really appreciate it but I think I oughta go home." I tried standing up for what feels like the 15th time. I'm worried that Grant will get home early and I won't be there. Then I will really get hell. I wince one more time.

"Ow fuck." I say with a grimace.

"What is up with you Maddy?" Bam says while reaching for the bottom of my hoodie.

"Nothing! It's nothing Bam, really, listen I need to go before-"

"Before what?" He asks worriedly. I have a feeling he knows what is going on. Maybe he saw my scars. I am hoping he didn't. Or am I secretly hoping he did? Maybe he can help me.

"Before my boyfriend knows I am gone." I mumble in a quiet voice. Bam blinks once, and his eyes turn concerned. He pauses before he speaks.

"Did he do this to you?" He says protectively.

"Bam what? No, of course not-"

"Don't lie to me Maddy, please, I can help you."

I hesitate before letting out a small breath. "Yes, he did this to me."

His eyes turn dark and he asks if it's the first time this has happened. Which I answer with a shake of my head. He carefully lifts up the edge of my shirt after I tell him it is fine to do so. Bam notices the bruising right away, it looks worse than it did this morning. The whole right side of my torso is littered with purple and black spots.

"Maddy, you can't go back there, stay with me and the guys." Bam says quickly.

"The guys?" I ask.

"Yeah, I work for Jackass, maybe you have heard of it. We have a TV show where we do a bunch of stunts and shit. You have to meet Tremaine, he can definitely help you." Bam says excitedly.

Maybe this is my way out. He could actually help me. I'm too desperate to say no, but how will I do this?

"That would mean so much to me Bam. Thank you." I say with tears in my eyes. 

-----

A/N:

She called him Sam. SAM. Girl, are you not EMBARRAZZED?