CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

KNOXVILLE:

Big exhale.

I'm not a father.

"Oh thank god." I chuckle breathily. I kiss Maddy as she remains fixated on the test.

"I-Is it bad that I hoped I was p-pregnant for a second?" She mutters. I look at her teary eyes.

"Oh Maddy, why are you crying?" I ask her and rub her tears away.

"I just, you said so many nice things about us a-and I don't know where this is going." She chuckles in frustration.

"Hey. The time will come one day, okay?" I tell her and she smiles softly and nods. I wrap my arms around her and we stand in silence for a couple minutes.

"PJ?" She speaks up.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Move in with me." She says quickly. I freeze.

"Are you sure?"

"You're always here anyway, move in with me." She chuckles.

"Yes Maddy, I'll move in with you." I chuckle and kiss her softly. "We should go to the hotel and pack the rest of my shit. Oh wait, I have to call Bam." I say and she nods.

I dial Bam's number and wait for him to pick up.

"Yo." He answers.

"Yo dude, guess what." I say excitedly.

"What." He says annoyed.

"Mads isn't pregnant!"

"Thank fucking god. Would have been a cute baby though."

"Yeah, irresistible like me." I say cockily.

"Beautiful like Maddy."

"Bye Bam." I hang up. I'll admit it, I get a little jealous over Bam sometimes. They have a different type of friendship, they haven't known each other too long, yet they act like they've known each other forever.

"Alright so what do you wanna do today?" I ask my beautiful girlfriend who's laying on the bed.

"W-we should move your s-stuff in." She says. I smile and nod.

...

After we finished moving my stuff in, which is not a lot by the way, we ended up in bed, cuddling and watching whatever was on TV. Originally it was the ending of The Proposal, which then turned to be Fresh Prince of Bel Air at 2 AM.

Maddy's head is set on my bare chest. I have my arms wrapped around her, enjoying our comfortable silence.

Maddy moves her head and looks up at me.

"PJ" She whispers.

"Yeah? You okay? Do you need anything?" I ask her. My mind immediately thinks she needs something, just because of how fragile she's been the last few weeks.

She pauses and hesitates for a moment.

"K-kiss me please."

I don't think twice before I lean her back in my arms and connect our lips softly.

Her soft lips dance with mine, separating for small moments. Smacking and kissing sounds filling the air. I place my thumb on her bottom lip for her to open her mouth a bit. I love how fast her body reacts to mine.

I lick her bottom lip gently as she opens her mouth wider to take my tongue. Our kissing is passionate but still very slow.

After a couple minutes, I grow impatient and start to lean my hand down, reaching the top of her panties. I stop and separate our mouths to look at her.

"Can I?" I ask.

"Yes" She nods and continues to kiss me, holding the back of my head.

I lay her on her back completely and lean on my arm, snaking my other hand under her panties. I tease my fingers through her slit and feel the wetness. I groan at the feeling. It's been a very long time since I have had sex and boy am I eager.

I place my fingers on her clit with my eyes closed, relishing in the feeling. I rub it a couple times in circles but stop when I don't hear a thing. Maddy is usually quite loud in these situations.

I open my eyes and look up at Maddy. She has her eyes closed and I swear I see a teardrop glaze down her cheek. I immediately take my hand out of her panties and lick my fingers clean.

"Mads? Hey, what happened? Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

She sniffles and shakes her head.

"What can I do baby? Does it hurt? Is it your scar? C'mon babe, you're freaking me out." I ramble and help sit her up. She immediately buries her face into my chest and goes to sit on my lap. Her sniffles turn into deep chested cries.

"Okay, okay, there you go." I say while adjusting myself to sit, leaning against the headboard with my sweet girl in my arms. I rub her back with my hand, hoping to soothe her. "Maddy I need you to take a deep breath in for me, okay?" I coax her.

She continues to cry and breathe heavily.

"Mads listen to me, breathe slowly, you're getting worked up." I try one more time to no avail. I make a "tsk" sound with my lips and think quickly. Turning to look at the bedside table, I grab the glass of water I set out for her a couple hours ago.

"Here Mads, drink some water for me." She shakes her head and keeps sobbing and moving her hands around on my chest, trying to grasp something. She grasps the Waylon necklace that hangs from my neck. "Maddy, hey, drink some water."

She finally looks up and tries to hold the glass. I notice her shaky hands and decide to help her and just hold the glass up to her lips instead.

This seems to calm her down, you can't cry and drink water at the same time.

"There you go, atta girl." I praise her and rub the tears off her cheeks.

After a couple sips, her breathing is stable and she's fully calmed down.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"I'm okay." She nods. "Sorry about that PJ I-"

"Hey, no, there's nothing to be sorry for. I'm worried about you Mads, what happened?" I ask her.

She takes a deep breath and speaks. "For a second I felt very g-guilty, guilty about having s-sex with you. I don't know why." She shakes her head and avoids eye contact. "I f-felt like I wasn't having fun like I usually do and I couldn't-" she stops.

"You couldn't what Mads?" I ask her, trying to make eye contact.

"I couldn't stop remembering Grant. What it was like with him. Johnny it was horrible and it all just came back in a flash. I'm sorry, this is stupid." She tries to get up but I stop her.

"No Maddy it's not stupid don't say that. Listen, you have been through a lot and I wish I could just tell you that I'm not like Grant but I know this issue is way beyond that. I respect you and will continue to respect your boundaries. We won't have sex until you are 100% ready okay? I promise." I say, turning her head to look at me.

"B-but it's gonna be torture for you." She smiles weakly.

"Nonsense, it'll be a piece of cake my love. I love you." I say, kissing her cheek.

"I love you. Thank you Knox, really." She sniffles and cuddles into my side. I turn the light off and lay down with her, softly drawing patterns on her back and coaxing her to sleep.

----

A/N: poor girl can't catch a break.