CHAPTER ELEVEN

MADDY:

Breakfast has been going great so far, I think Bam might have talked to them before because no one has asked anything about my face.

"How's the face Mouse?"

I spoke too soon. Knoxville just walked in. Wearing a pair of blue Dickies, black Converse, and a Harley Davidson t-shirt. And of course, a pair of Ray-Ban aviators.

"Hey Johnny, the face is as good as it can be." I tell him softly as he walks away into the buffet bar.

"Maddy, can I talk to you real quick?" Pontius says. I nod and follow him towards the back window.

"He likes you." He says with a grin.

"Who?"

"Knoxville!"

"Chris! I've talked to him once, and he was super mean to me the whole time." I say in disbelief.

"The whole time?" Pontius says unconvinced.

"Maybe not the whole time." I say as I remember when his soft thumb brushed my tears away.

"Told ya!" He says with a cackle.

"Still! That doesn't mean he likes me. I've known him for less than a day."

"Those are Knoxville stitches." He says while pointing at my cheek.

"Yeah, so?"

"He never helps anyone. Never gives anyone stitches." Pontius says as he walks back to the table. That's weird. How come he cared enough to help me? 

----

A/N: I love this chapter.