EPISODE 6 : THE EGG

Jalkar and Grim are walking through the Tabora Crags ravine. A few Ardoni come out of nowhere suddenly and stop them. They are seen to be Vois.

Zinaida Voltaris : We were beginning to think you had backed out on our arrangement, Jalkar.

Jalkar : Yea... we had a few... delays along the way.

Jalkar glares back at Grim, who shrugs.

Grim : *shrugs-it-off grunt*

Zinaida glares at Grim.

Zinaida Voltaris : I was informed you were to come alone. Your companion was not part of this agreement.

Zinaida motions towards Grim.

Jalkar : Neither was the amount of trouble we ran into. I think compensation is in order.

Jalkar stares down Zinaida.

Jalkar : After all, this is a dragon egg we're talking about

Jalkar points towards Grim who has been holding the Egg.

Zinaida Voltaris : Have it your way mercenary. We'll compensate for your extra "trouble," but your companion is not part of the deal, the Voltaris will not pay a second share.

Jalkar : Don't worry your glowing little head about it, Grim is my problem. How much?

Zinaida Voltaris : I'm sure you'll find the amount sufficient; now hand over the egg.

Zinaida holds out his hand. Pause and tension.

Jalkar : I don't think so. We'll be collecting the reward first, thank you.

More tension. Grim slowly lowers the egg down, signifying he's freeing up his hands to fight.

Zinaida Voltaris : Or we could just kill you, and forget the reward.

Zinaida and two other Voltaris draw their weapons, but not Lucidius.

Lucidius Voltaris : This could be unwise Zinaida. The mute one... I believe he is the Reaper.

Zinaida Voltaris : Shut it, Lucidius.

Grim draws his scythe.

Jalkar : Smart man, your second. The Reaper's with me... has a debt to pay off. By my calculations, you're outmatched.

Zinaida Voltaris : Outmatched?

Zinaida looks around at the three Voltaris beside him.

Zinaida Voltaris : *scoff* Kill them.

Zinaida darts forward. Grim quickly activates his enchanted scythe and leaps forward as well. Jalkar fights Zinaida as Grim takes out two other Voltaris. Lucidius pulls out a weapon finally but Grim hits him in the chest knocking him down.

Jalkar still fighting Zinaida, when suddenly he hits Jalkar back, raises his weapon and activates a Song. Small pebbles and rocks begin sliding towards Zinaida and swirling around him. Grim runs forward and tries to attack but the wall of rocks blocks his attack.

Jalkar stands up and raises his knife, aims, and tosses it to the side. It is caught in the vortex, spins around the side and kills Zinaida from behind.

Zinaida Voltaris : *death noise*

Jalkar : I've always hated Ardoni and their blasted Songs.

As Zinaida dies, his Song forms next to his body and Jalkar picks it up.

Jalkar : *happy* They do sell for a lot though.

Grim : *happy grunt*

Jalkar : Well quit lookin' so happy! Now we need to find a new buyer for this egg. Come on, someone in the Unyielding Legion should be able to find us one.