Chapter 5

As Ben rushed through the halls like a maniac for god knows how long, in his search of the nurse's office as Beau, was slowly bleeding out to death. As he ran through the halls though everybody stared at him in complete confusion, Ben couldn't explain, a minute ago he was heading towards coach Jenkins to help him, but the next thing he knew as he held Beau in his hands he felt electric-like his senses heightened, his pace of running became something unnatural he was faster than his normal speed, it was some kind of drive, a strong dormant feeling inside of himself bursting like an erupted volcano, it was a very strong familiar feeling, it was a strong feeling of protectiveness almost brotherly.

But he knew these strange feelings can wait as he arrived at the nurse's office. He was going to ram the door open when Mrs. Potts opened the door, "heavens child don't tell me you were just about to breakdown the door?" Mrs. Potts asked as she crossed her arms and brows raised in suspicion, Ben blushed in embarrassment but shrugged it off as he needs to urgently treat the child in his arms as he was losing blood fast. Thankfully Mrs. Potts noticed as he hurried him inside and told him to place the child at one of the beds.

"Alright your majesty I'll take it from here you still have your classes and don't forget to shower my dear," Mrs. Potts said as she ushered him out, Ben was about to protest but stopped as he saw Mrs. Potts caring eyes "he'll be fine, I promise" she swore as she closed the door and treated the boy, while Ben stared at the door before going to the showers as he did reek of sweat.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile with the VK's

"HE WHAT?!" Mal and Evie screamingly asked "he got hit by a ball, rolled down the bleachers, and got himself injured" "don't worry coach Jenkins took him to the nurse's office," Jay and Carlos said as they closed their locker doors

Mal growled in frustration as her anger and worry began to rise but was thankfully calmed down by Evie as she was worried too, "M, it won't help him if we worry he's a villain for badness sakes, and he's tougher than this" "Evie's right Mal, have a little faith in the little guy, he'll be right up in his feet sooner than you think" Jay reassured with Evie as he left with Carlos for their next class which left the two of them to talk.

But unknown to them Ben was watching from the distance fully showered and dressed in his iconic blue suit, but his watch was cut short by Audrey and Chad's joyful laughter.

Chad tapped him on the stomach and pointed at them "those kids are trouble" Chad indicated as he saw Evie leaving Mal at the school lockers "c'mon Chad give them a chance" Ben lightly pleaded as it was true that they do deserve a chance 'please see it, see that they are good people' Ben thought but unfortunately Audrey had to disintegrate his ideals as she took off her glasses and held both his hands in fake comfort, "No offense benny bear, but you're just too trusting"

Ben's smile faltered as he heard her words as he now questions his morals or even attitude since they started dating. Day after day he felt his heart slowly fading, as he tried to be his old self as he tried to be what his girlfriend's standards of him, he was sad, but did not show as he puts up a fake smile.

"Look I know your mother fell in love with a big bad beast, who turned out to be a prince, but with my mom, the evil fairy was just the evil fairy that girls mother" "I think you're wrong about them, I'll see you later" Ben soon felt relieved from fleeing from Chad and Audrey, he was glad to finally stood his ground onto them, for the first time he felt truly happy. He did not know what it was that encouraged him but he knew one thing, these VKs are not like their parents, they're different.

As he made his way to Mal, he began to sweat nervously as he tried to swaggeringly walk towards her before leaning towards the nearby locker door. "Hey!" "hey" with those simple words Ben's mind felt blank with words as he stared towards Mal as she looked stunning in so many ways, he didn't know what was more beautiful her eyes, her face, her hair, he did not know, he didn't even know if he even should feel this way, he has a girlfriend, but seeing Mal he felt his connection with Mal was stronger, it was like fate.