Chapter 18

A year passed after the coronation, and Ben and Mal began to date, it was nice and relaxing at first until it turned to annoyance as the paparazzi was always there and was always 3rd wheeling them as unauthorized pictures were secretly taking their picture, and quietly documenting their life through spying as if their relationship is the breath that gives them life, to which Mal's transition as an upcoming lady of the court more and more difficult as she constantly upholds standards like her hair or the way she dresses and acts in public. It was simply suffocating even though her friends and Adrien were there to try to make it better.

At the same time, Adrien was hanging out with his newfound Auradonian friends to either hang out or take prince lessons to which they all inquired that the only thing he should know about was table manners and to be himself to which he replied with determination on teaching him on how to be a proper royal; I mean they get that when he does reveal his actual name and they accepted him back he wanted to be prepared, but they know that a day of a royal is very unexpected, even though they are children.

It was also the numerous times that he ignored Ben even though Ben tried to reach out to him as he missed his young roommate even in his busy work days as he was now managing the kingdom, organizing the royal cotillion with Jane, and also overseeing the search of his long lost brother, and throwing into the pile trying to organize his schedule to spend time with his girlfriend and family members.

The beginning of a new semester is here at last as students were buzzing through the halls and into their classes, too of which he was heading to one already with Mrs, Von Schweetz for safety rules for the internet (SRI) class when Ellie sneakingly attempted to scare him, to which she failed as he faced her smugly, "nice try slippers but you know that it won't work on me right?" She pouted at his words as they began to walk towards the classroom, "Hey I thought it would work, and slippers really it's been a year, and just because my mom is cinderella doesn't mean that you can call me that beastie" "I can and I would your cute when your mad" she blushed slightly and looked at him dumbfounded as she asked herself on how could he just say that so casually and coy too.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to them, the rest of the gang was behind them and was actually livid at how dense Adrien was in their interaction as it was very clear that Ellie have strong feelings for him since she met him according to her friend group. "Hey, Beau!" They screamed to get his attention, it took a second to realize that it was him they were screaming for and turned to see his male group of friends Rick, Li, and Keanu and greet each other with high fives and some hair messing even though he still wore his blue beanie hat. "Yo dude did you see how differently Ellie acts around you?" "huh, what? I mean she's a lot nicer and caring, and she still has that spunk with her so no" the boys internally face palmed as they couldn't believe how dense their friend was, even though they were 10 years old, everyone could tell about the tension in the air around them and it was sickeningly bright for everyone.

"Why do you guys look like that, slippers won't kill you for asking that" "that's not what he-" before Li can even explain, Beau was already inside the classroom to which they all sighed as another day of learning was now ahead of them.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later after Adrien's Chem class with Mr. Deley, he took a walk with the D4 as he wanted to hang with them for the afternoon. As he walked with the D4 with Carlos and Jay's conversation was blacking out of the conversation as he thought back on what happened in chem class that hour.

Flashback

It was in the middle of Chem class and Mr. Deley was discussing chemical reactions as he tasked them to make their own chemical reaction from their book, and his partner was Rick, while Ellie's partner was Lina who was very excited about starting their experiment that she mixed different kinds of liquids in their heated conical flask without looking at the instructions on her book.