Chapter 9

It's been a few days since that awful dream and a few days since he searched the school mercilessly for the owner of the brooch and baby blanket, he asked everyone around even Beau if he saw someone come into the room in the middle of the night, but he said there were none, even though he furiously asked him the same question the answer was still none. He stared at the window of the limo he was in, asking himself if he should tell his parents about Adrien's brooch and baby cloth in his hand mysteriously in the middle of the night, but decided against it as he didn't want to give them false hope, instead, he'll only tell them when he's ready and has found his baby brother.

The limo has come to a stop at the castle entrance and was greeted by the staff even Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts as the limo door was opened. "Lumiere" he greeted and gave him a quick hug, "how are the preparations for my brother's birthday?" "everything will be prepared by tomorrow but for now you rest it would be a tough day tomorrow your highness" Ben nodded and mumbled thanks in response and made his way to his bedroom. He stared at the room that he once lived in for his whole life, the place where the what if's in his life lived as he wondered about his younger brother if he was here right at this very moment. His heart ached as he puts down his bag on his bed. It felt eerie, it felt like too much space, he felt... alone, he always felt that way when he always entered, he hoped that every day when he entered this room his baby brother was there waiting for him. Other than that he felt like he needed to readjust a bit seeing that he grew quite comfortable with Beau in his dorm room and meaningless to say he quite enjoyed it.

Ben's thoughts were snapped as he heard a strong knock at his door, as he yelled to come in Mrs. Potts came into view with a small trolly of tea and some light treats for Ben, "hello my dear it's just Mrs. Potts I just came in to give you some tea and some treats" Ben thanked his godmother as he helped her set up at the nearby table, "thank you, my dear, now I shall need your clothes your highness I smelled that it needs a big washing" Ben was about to stop her when it was too late as she opened the bag and saw what she hadn't seen for years, "good heavens, Ben where did you get these objects, I thought they were lost?" she asked as she held up the baby cloth and the brooch, "I-I must tell her majesty right away" she stated as she rushed through the door but was blocked by Ben, "your highness please move, I have to inform your mother about this" she pleaded but Ben wouldn't budge "Ben" she pleaded sternly "please move, your mother needs to know you had this, and where did you get this anyway I thought it was lost?" "Mrs. Potts please don't tell my mother or anyone about this please" Ben begged her.

Mrs. Potts cannot believe what she was hearing from Ben she was practically bewildered about it as unruly thoughts began to fill her mind about this, but she knew his young highness better, and she knew Ben cannot do this without reason so she asked what happened and he told what he knew as they sat down at the table with the tea and treats they placed moments ago. A few minutes later Mrs. Potts sighed in disappointment, not for Ben, but the results of his search. She sipped her tea and contemplated the young master's information and reason about his brother and sighed, "I understand my dear I won't tell a soul, but please make haste I can hear your mother breaking if this goes on far too long, please your majesty bring him home" Ben nodded and muttered under his breath saying he will. And with that Mrs. Potts dismissed herself leaving the baby cloth and brooch behind as heartbreaking it was and made her way through the halls.

As Mrs. Potts's feet began to fade he locked the door and slowly grabbed the brooch from the table. Ben then looked out from his balcony and scanned the view before him 'don't worry Adrien I will find you, and this time I'm never letting you go again' he swore as he clenched the brooch to his chest.

______________________________________________________________________________

Auradon Prep

Beau walked through campus he wondered what was outside the campus gates, behind these ivy-covered walls, and behind that metal gate. He knew he shouldn't but his curiosity got the better of him. As he sprinted to his dorm room and snatched his saved-up cash from his earnings from selling those pictures and speeded off through the gates.