Chapter 2

kk

AMY POV

beep

beep

beep

I groaned as my alarm clock woke me up signalling it's 6:30 in the morning. I open my eyes and I look into the harsh sunlight coming through the window. I shut my eyes and press the button on my alarm clock. I squeeze my eyes shut one more time before I pull the bed covers off me and climb out of bed and into the bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth to get rid of any trace of morning breath

I walk back into my room and pick an outfit I should wear today. I walk into my walk-in wardrobe and pick out a floral pink and orange long skirt with a casual orange singlet top with baby-blue heels. I pick them up and brought them into the bathroom closing the door behind me and hanging my outfit on the door behind me.

I open the shower door and turn on the hot water, I strip and hop into the shower washing my hair with my apple scented shampoo. I rinse out the any remaining soap and get out of the shower wrapping a towel around me and start blow-drying my hair.

Once my hair is dry I put it up into a small ponytail. I put on my skirt outfit and then my shoes. I out on my everyday makeup and I open the door and walk down stairs greeting my family for breakfast.

As I enter the kitchen I am hit with the scent of bacon and eggs.

"Morning Mother" I say as I walk over and kiss her cheek as she sits at the dining room table silently drinking a cup of tea and reading the Sunday mail.

"Good Morning Amy, I have some exciting news this morning but I will wait until Layla a come's downstairs." she replies, her eyes sparkling and a big smile on her face.

That was odd. Last time i saw her she was still in mourning, a statue, looking into nothing. An empty soul?

I mentally shrugged it off as I served myself breakfast and sat down at the table just as Layla came down the stairs.

"Morning Amy" She said she walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and gave one to my mother.

Layla came over and sat down next to me and whispered in my ear. "Is it just me or has our mother gone mad?" she exclaims in a whisper and her eyes are wide with curiosity and humor on her face.

"I don't know but you're not the only one who notices. Mother was humming while she was washing the dishes this morning!" she starred at me wide eyed like she'd seen a ghost.

"No way! Mother was dancing while he was brushing her teeth!" What!? Mother never dances! I stare at my sister as if she had grown two heads. What is going on? Whatever the news is is making her feel this way...and I don't like it. No. Not at all.

"Girls, I have some very exciting news to share with you" Mum began her voice trailing off as she reached for Layla and I's hands and looked into our eyes mas she sat down in front of us.

"Amy before you were born we were very poor. I was pregnant with you, Layla, at the time. So poor we were eating out of the bins. Almost homeless that's when Sir Christopher Campbell came across our family and gave us an opportunity of a life time if we gave them something in return. He too, was expecting a son, Dylan. Obviously we agreed. So weeks years later we stand here in this gorgeous house with a family and now it is our time to return the favor. We were asked to put one of our daughters into an arranged marriage with his son Dylan Mason. So Amy.........you're getting married!!" Mother ended her speech.

It was all in slow motion, my face dropped and i felt the blood rush to my feet, my thiorat dried up and my heart was pounding loudly in my ears. My palms were sweating and from the ciorner of my eye I saw Layla put her hand over her mouth as if she was stopping herself from screaming.